Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday, 7/29/2018

Gwen M.
on 7/29/18 5:11 am, edited 7/29/18 5:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning and happy Sunday! The weekends are always a bit quieter here. I guess everyone is running around and enjoying life! I had a great time at the movies yesterday and plan to spend today finishing up my work for the week before another day at the movies tomorrow. I also ran a great 5k yesterday morning. It wasn't quite a personal best, but I was pretty close which is amazing to me. :D Still need to get under the 50 min mark, but I'll get there!

QOTD: How did you hear about OH initially? (I'll reply in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: leftover Indian probably, since no one else will eat it!
3: hummus crusted salmon with lemon arugula salad (Art is gone, so Lance and I get fish!)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga!

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 7/29/18 5:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: A friend of mine had VSG some years before I did and she told me about OH. I've never actually seen her here, but she told me that it would be a good place to do research. I took her advice to heart and read all the old posts I could prior to surgery to gather information. I also lurked for a while before posting, so I could get a feel for the place and it served to fill a gap that had been created in my life from the slow decline of Livejournal.

I'm glad I stuck around even if the amount of time I have for OH waxes and wanes throughout the year.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/29/18 9:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome to Sunday! It is partly cloudy and warm here, so we are at the beach (surprise, surprise). We are having a small cookout late afternoon with a few friends and family members. My chef son is away so it has to be simple (grilled chicken) since I am doing the cooking (LOL). DH always used to do the cooking, but now it is my job so it doesn't get fancy!

QOTD: The web address for OH was in my book from my surgery center. I logged on within a couple of days of my first appointment (when I received the book) and I've been on ever since. I've perused other sites, but feel most comfortable on OH.

2 Years, 4 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Grilled chicken and salad

S: home-made yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MissCheri18
on 7/29/18 11:04 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

It has been a lovely Sunday here on the beach in Florida! I hope all of you have had or do have a wonderful day!

QOTD: How did you hear about OH initially? Research on Google, I looked at numerous sites for VSG and I liked the information on here and the what you eat in a day, it has helped me figure out some meal ideas etc. makes you or me feel like I belong.

Water, water, water!

M1: LS Chicken Broth

M2: 1egg omelet with veggies, bacon bits and Goat Cheese w/Sun-dried tomatoes & Basil

M3: Chocolate Protein Power w/ coffee and Fairlife Skim Milk

M4: Smart Ones - Roast Beef, mashed potatoes & gravy w/side of frozen green beans

M5: Might need to finish M4 meal or will have some Deli ham and Turkey IF hungry

M6: Ocean Spray Diet Cran-Grape Juice 4 oz. in water.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/18 2:20 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! Will be getting ready to head to work in about an hour, or so. Am feeling a bit tired today, but maybe that is due to the dreary weather. The rain was nice for sleeping when I got home this morning though.

QOTD: A google search! I think I googled "VSG online community" or something like that. I have always loved message boards, even if they are somewhat of a dying breed, so I hoped to find something I liked. I think I actually found a couple others first and created a user account, but this is the only place I've stayed with.

Which brings me to another though, I really hope the posted questions about bullying don't hurt the site as a whole, but I am worried that it will. I regret bringing up my opinion on the thread in the first place, even if I feel it was particularly mild.

On another note, I've been monitoring how much fat I've been getting, and since increasing my fat I have started to be much more regular. Thank the heavens!

Gwen M.
on 7/29/18 3:10 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I also like message boards, even if they are a dying breed. But.. I liked Livejournal too :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the impact of the bullying thread. This is not the first time since I've been on OH that the topic has come up and something similar has been posted. It's a feature of online communities, so I'm sure it won't be the last time either! I'm sure there will always be new users, some will stick around, some won't. Life will go on.

Teresa G.
on 7/29/18 2:59 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Mersh, please don't feel bad about the "bullying vs disagreement" thread. I think it's one of the most enlightening threads I've seen, and I think the transparency of people who are posting will only help us all to understand and appreciate each other better. I know that I understand others (and myself) better, and I see things that I need to be conscious of such as assigning nefarious intentions to others because of their communication style and my need to grow a thicker skin and not take things so personally. I don't think (I hope!) that it will hurt OH, I think it can only improve it when we share honestly without becoming defensive. And becoming defensive over rather benign comments (or criticism) is a flaw that I'll probably be working on for the rest of my life. :)

QOTD: How did you hear about OH initially? I found this site a number of years ago when I was first considering WLS. I think someone had told me about it, but I'm not sure. My memory is pretty sketchy, sometimes more than at other times. When I had decided against WLS ("Oh, I can do this myself!") then I left the site. Of course, it was that insanity thing, ("Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results") and once I'd gained up to 303 pounds, I decided that I would do it and that this was my last hurrah. This would make me or break me. My mobility was suffering, my health was suffering, I was 59 years old and I felt like I was going to die at anytime. (My mom was in her early-mid 60's when she died).

I went to my first Deep Water Cardio class yesterday morning. Holy moly, I had NO idea that it would work every single muscle in my body. I felt like an over-cooked noodle when we were done. I was the youngest one there, other than the instructor, so I wasn't self-conscious at all about my bat-wings and flappy inner thighs. LOL I can't wait until Tuesday evening for the next one! I'm planning on going Saturday, Tues and Thur, unless I'm out of town for work. My knee is still really messed up...if it doesn't get better soon, I'll be looking into physical therapy.

B: Coffee with Premier Protein (total 6 oz of premier)

L: Egg Bite, Canadian Bacon

S: Turkey Jerky

D: Grilled Rib Eye, grilled zucchini

S: Maybe a shake, depends on what my protein looks like

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Gwen M.
on 7/29/18 3:11 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm almost afraid to ask.. but what is deep water cardio? (Since I'm envisioning CARDIO WITH SHARKS.) (Hm, come to think of it, swimming away from sharks would be good cardio.)

Teresa G.
on 7/29/18 3:21 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

LOL Yeah, that would be very effective cardio, trying to out-swim a shark!

It's in a deep (12 foot) pool, and you wear a flotation belt. Then you do all kinds of jogging, kicking, and stretching. They also have "barbells" made of foam that we used in other arm and shoulder moves. We also used noodles for a few moves. The instructor is on the floor next to the pool leading you through all the moves, wearing a mic and playing snappy music. And some of the people in the class were HILARIOUS. They'd obviously been going quite a while and knew each other well. It was fun to listen to the back and forth rapport.

Some kids who work at the gym as lifeguards also came around with water for anyone who needed it. I drank two glasses. I was PARCHED with all the moving. The class lasted an hour.

I was really shocked at how effective it was. You don't realize how hard you're working when you're buoyant. When I pulled myself out of the pool, I felt like I weighed 400 lbs.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/29/18 3:39 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Sunday! I am happy to report that I weighed in this morning and lost another 2 lbs. So 10 pounds gone in a month - woohoo! I am also out of the 190's and I am going to do everything I can to never get back there again. We had such an awesome day today, we went to the beach with family and friends! There was about 21 of us. My knees are burnt for some reason even though I put tons of sunscreen but still a great day!

QOTD - My surgeons office gave me tons of paperwork and that had OH on it. So I gave it a try and stayed for about 6 months until I was in the hospital with complications. I received a lot of horrible negative comments every time I asked questions so I left until a month ago. I'm stronger now and in therapy so I have tougher skin and thought I could handle it and honestly I'm so glad I'm back because this past month I have worked my butt off and this site has really helped.

B - coffee and protein

L - Chicken Pesto Sandwich

D - slice of Pepperoni pizza

S - protein bar

E - Leg exercises

Lots of water

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Most Active