Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 8/7/2018

Gwen M.
on 8/7/18 4:29 am, edited 8/7/18 4:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning all! I had a great support group meeting last night and we had a ton of people! Now I'm getting some morning things done before I go to the gym. It's still super hot and humid here.

QOTD: Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now, or the work you did before you retired, or whatever it is that you do that keeps you busy?

1: protein shake
2: leftover bulgogi
3: pork tenderloin with maple balsamic sauce

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running, yoga

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/7/18 4:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is HOT, HOT, HOT here, so outside activities can only be at the beach. I'm not a happy indoor girl, so after we get back from an appointment in Boston today, guess where we will be?

QOTD: I kind of grew into my work. I started working for my former company when I was 22 in a supporting position. I went back to school at night to finish my bachelors degree and ultimately obtained my MBA utilizing their tuition reimbursement program. Along the way, I moved into technology related jobs and loved it. Sometimes I was pure IT and sometimes I was in roles spanning the gap between the business and IT. The latter was my specialty. I did this as an employee for most of the time but there was a long period when I was a contractor so I had the flexibility to be with my kids when I wanted to. I moved into management and executive roles but always tried to keep involved and knowledgeable about the technology we were using.

2 Years, 4 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Lobster

S: Siggis yogurt

REPORT #2 ON IP COTTAGE CHEESE: I made it with fat-free vs. 2% milk, folded in the vinegar vs. stirring it, and used light cream as the addition. It tasted much better, and the consistency was less like ricotta, but it still seems a bit dry. On my next round, I'm going to fold the vinegar even more gently and I'm going to refrigerate the curds prior to adding the cream. I like it as is but I want to try that before pronouncing it good enough. BTW, there is really only about 5 minutes of work and approximately 2 hours of waiting. My kind of recipe!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 8/7/18 5:22 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning! Hot, soupy, gross here - no change in sight for a few days.

QOTD: I went to school for communications and got jobs paying poverty wages. Decided the year before I got married to work as a secretary. Hated it, quit and got a temp assignment at Mass General Hospital in the legal department. I learned much there about patents as i was in the IP (intellectual property) group. My boss though, was a complete ass. I signed up with an agency and told them...anywhere but Boston. Ended up at a boutique IP law firm working for the founding partner. He was the most wonderful man to work with - and I stayed for 14 years. They created a night staff position for me so I could be home with my kids during the day - and I went back after I had my daughter 12 hours a week, at night. Eventually I left to help an attorney I met there open her own firm - spent five years doing that. She eventually came where I am now - and I have been an IP paralegal for over 10 years now. The job is interesting but definitely not where I planned to make my career.

B: steel cut oats

L: ww frozen turkey dinner

D: leftovers - chinese and homemade pasta

E: it was 100 literally when I left here yesterday - today will be just as bad, so NO

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

MissCheri18
on 8/7/18 6:54 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

Yesterday was a bad day. I did learn a major lesson though! I had to have my 3D - CT/CAT scan done on my liver and they gave me a drink (2-16oz drinks) to drink within an hour, not an easy task but I did it. When I finished the first one and went up for the second I asked the girl if it was normal to feel a bit shaky, upset tummy and faint, she said she'd never heard of it and then WALKED AWAY! So, I'm not happy but I figure maybe because I had to fast, either way I'll ask the head person when I get in there... Turns out these drinks use Saccharin! I watch my diet so close, I never use my Truvia ever since surgery... of course I make things worse! I am freezing so I go to the café in this huge medical center and get a "healthy" Pistachio Muffin not stopping to think that no matter how healthy it is it will have some form of sugar in it. I was starving all afternoon and evening, heck even woke up hungry this morning! So, I cannot control these medical drinks for tests BUT I can use my head on what I have afterwards! I am super grateful that even though I felt a bit sick to my tummy while drinking those drinks I did not go into dumping mode! (not even after that muffin)

QOTD: Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now, or the work you did before you retired, or whatever it is that you do that keeps you busy? Long story short, after my ruptured brain aneurysm I was classified as the miracle lady, many people facing the impossible odds of loss of a loved one (started w/a 19 year old man and his mom terminal stage breast cancer) some with terminal illness/injury, some with new mental issues... the people I spoke with were total strangers who hunted me down, they came back to me later after a healing or death and thanked me and told me stories of how my advice helped them so very much. I decided to become a counselor specializing in death and dying. (I was a paralegal before).

Water, water, water!

M1: Chocolate Protein, Coffee Shake (1/2)

M2: Mini Homemade Chef Salad

M3: Chocolate Protein, Coffee Shake (1/2)

M4: Mini Crockpot Boneless Pork Tenderloin with Green Beans

M5: Mini Crockpot Boneless Pork Tenderloin w/Havarti Cheese Slice

M6: Good Culture - Low-fat Cottage Cheese

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/7/18 8:45 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Tuesday! Not feeling so good today not sure why but hopefully it passes quick.

QOTD - I have always wanted to be a teacher ever since I was little. I love children and always wanted to make a difference. I started out working in daycares while I went to school at night. I have been teaching in my school district for 13 years working with children that are considered BD (behaviorally disabled). They have tons of issues and most are in foster care. I teach K-2 so they pretty much just throw anyone in our room whether they are autistic or have medical issues or ADHD. It's tough but I love it and all the kids.

B - coffee and protein

L - leftover turkey meatloaf

D - Turkey stuffed red peppers

S - Plain Yoplait YQ yogurt

E - 35 min elliptical, squats, lunges, leg lifts, bridges

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

yvonnef1964
on 8/7/18 9:23 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I didn't feel good after work yesterday so I didn't go to support group. Tried going to the drs but they discontinued there aftercare during the week. Got an appointment this morning and I have a sinus infection. Hopefully the antibiotic doesn't cause problems due to being allergic to too many of them. Then I went and voted.

Today is my Friday at work. Going to my brothers for a 4 day music festival and coming home Sunday morning.

Qotd I used to work in assisted living and home healthcare but became too stressful and caused me to be severely depressed so I didn't work for 12 years. In June, I started working in a daycare. It was close to home and I can walk there and I love children so I thought I would give it a try and I love it.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans

L tuna, cottage cheese and grapes

D chicken, green beans and grapes

Have a good day

Melody P.
on 8/7/18 4:54 pm, edited 8/7/18 9:55 am - Amarillo, TX

I have had some serious emotional issues. I am about half way to my goal and it's been at the same place for a few weeks. I'm having trouble letting go of the obese me...the thing that has protected me(in my head only) for most of my life. Today has been 99% good and i'll take it. Yesterday...not so much! I'm still waiting to hear back from the psychologist and i'm not holding my breath. The receptionist has blown me off twice now over the phone. I go see my case manager mid month and will see someone out from them...that they can vouch for. Even if the place calls me back i've decided I don't want to deal with them. I could seriously use the help and they obviously could give a rats you know what. I'm not excited about having to redo some of this but I do indeed need the help counseling would provide.

Sorry for the long reply!

QOTD: I am unemployed/disabled. I do chainmaille that I could make a wee bit of money off of but i'm not confident in my ability...even after 14+ years at it.

Breakfast: Protein Shake, coffee

Lunch: Another shake, 1/2 oz swiss cheese

Dinner: homemade cream of mushroom soup, parmesan cheese(1 tbs at most)

Snacks/mini meals: 1.5 egg whites, small sliver of unsalted butter, 1/2 oz swiss and a serving of pork rinds. Oh and yogurt!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views