Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday, August 12, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/12/18 4:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Sunday! I hope you have plans to relax and enjoy the day. We are still muggy and cloudy here with a thunderstorm threat but not constantly. Unfortunately my mood is greatly affected by whether there is sun or not so we will see what today brings.

QOTD: Many of us have felt rejected by someone important in our life. Some mentioned it yesterday as something that made them stronger. How would you help someone close to you who is feeling rejected by a family member overcome that feeling? I would just try to act as a sounding board for the person to express their feelings and try to reassure them that it is not their fault. I would tell them that they are a good and worthwhile person and suggest that the fault lies in the person doing the rejecting because of their own issues. Two extremely important people in my life were rejected by parents fairly recently and this is what I did. I'm not sure if there is more I could do?

2 Years, 4 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Fish taco

S: Siggis yogurt or homemade cottage cheese with fresh berries

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LezetteChristineMua
on 8/12/18 6:36 am
VSG on 12/11/17

Well I'm so excited to have found this group and I look forward to making new friends

QOTD:

The best advice that I could give someone about overcoming rejection is to realize that they don't need anyone's validation to make them feel good enough. Often times the people who are rejecting us have their own issues. The best thing that our family/close friend who's dealing with rejection can do is to build themselves up and realize their worth. I would definitely let them vent their feelings and get mad, cry or whatever they need to do to express their feelings. I would let them know I am here for them and available if they need to talk or want someone to listen and I would give them a big hug and tell them, it'll be ok.

B: 2 Scrambled Eggs with 1 TBSP of Cheddar cheese w/adobo

S: Protein Unjury Ready made in chocolate with 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2:scoop of Unjury chocolate protein powder and 1 TBSP PB2 (I only use 1/2 a container)

L: Boars Head Lite Sodium Turkey 3 oz, Boars Head Muenster cheese 1 oz

S: Unjury RTD Chocolate shake

D: Baked Tilapia 4oz with a tsp butte, garlic, white wine and lemon juice for flavor topped with Shredded Parmesan cheese 1 oz of mushrooms, onions and sweet peppers

S: Starbucks double shot of espresso in a Venti cup with Ice 2 pumps of SF Caramel syrup and a Vanilla Unjury RTD shake (I was supposed to go to the airport last night but their flight was cancelled so I am going tonight)

Snack: 1oz Monterey jack cheese

Snack: Whisps Parmesan Chips 1 serving size

Spread Kindness like glitter and be nice to people LezetteChristineMua

I am curious as to how many people are active on this site and how many people read comments so if you would be so kind to reply to my post, I would love to connect via FB or Instagram to follow each others journeys and support one another. My Instagram name is the same as on here. Hope everyone has an awesome Sunday. As for me my kids start school tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous for them as my son will be a Freshman, my oldest daughter will start her 2nd year of college, my other daughter starts 8th grade and my youngest will start 6th her 1st year at middle school. Yikes!!!

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/12/18 7:13 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Welcome! So glad to have someone else posting on this thread! Hope your kids have a great first day back to school tomorrow. My daughter was a freshman last year and it was def nerve wracking.

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Melody P.
on 8/12/18 10:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Welcome! So glad you found this place too!

my Facebook name is: Melsa Bell.

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/12/18 7:29 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Sunday! Well weighed in today and down another 2 lbs. So lost 14 lbs in 6 weeks. I can def notice now and clothes are feeling a lot better. So today is not going to be a great eating day. Went to breakfast with my friends early this morning and I got peer pressured into eating pancakes which I didn't want to do. I just wanted scrambled eggs. I only ate half but feel guilty and very full. My grandmothers 80th birthday is also today. So we will be going over there tonight for dinner so I will try to behave myself but I have an italian family that always forces food. Ugh I wish people would just let me eat what I want and I wish I was strong enough to say leave me be. I'm working on it though.

QOTD - I feel like I'm a really good listener and friend so I would listen and try my best to give advice and reassure them that they are still loved by others. Although, as someone who has been rejected and always feels like the black sheep their isn't much anyone can really say to make it better. I think it just does something to your self-esteem. Showing you care about this person does help though so that is all you really can do.

B - coffee and banana cream pancakes from Dennys (ugh still mad I didn't just stick up for myself and say no)

L - not sure very full from pancakes

D - Gmoms bday party but will try my best to make good choices

E - 35 min elliptical, Ab exercises

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Jess Says Yes
on 8/12/18 7:52 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys! We had a great time at the Taylor Swift concert last night! We parked more than half a mile away from the venue which I would've been miserable about a year ago. And yesterday afternoon we went roller skating! I haven't skated in almost twenty years so that was a pretty huge NSV for me. I had to hold Nick's hand for a while before I got brave haha. It was fun and quite a work out. Nothing to do today except make the three hour drive home and pick up the kiddos.

QOTD: I think the answers you all have already given have nailed it. I would be there for them, listen, affirm their experiences, and make sure they know they're loved. I'd also recommend therapy to them as working through family stuff can be HARD and an objective professional can help!

B - coffee and protein

L - chicken and mushroom fajitas

D - leftovers

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

PCBR
on 8/12/18 9:23 am, edited 8/12/18 4:42 am

Hi, Liz. Thanks for kicking off the thread. I?m just waking up. Nothing planned at all today, except going to the farmers market. I need to be careful about how many veggies that I buy. I still can?t eat a lot of those, so I have been guilty of food waste.

QOTD: I would say that most of the time when you think someone is doing something to you, they are actually doing something FOR themselves, i.e., it?s often not about you at all. Or, I will try to get to the bottom of whether or not the rejector is a person that they really esteem. One doesn?t need and should not want the esteem of a bad person.

9-weeks out:

B - revised: found a slice of fresh spinach quiche at the famers market..slides off about 3oz and cut off the crust

L- Protein shake with coffee

D - ??

S - ??

Way too many question marks! Just not a lot of food in the house. I?ll probably make something with chicken in the instant pot.

also, I really want to concentrate on hydration today?even if that means eating a little less.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Melody P.
on 8/12/18 9:59 am, edited 8/12/18 4:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Today has been good so far. I finally saw movement on my scale, a pound and i?ll Take it! I?m thinking about putting away my scale. I focus to much on it. I need to become refocused on improving my whole being...not just lose weight. I think I got way to ahead of myself. Exercise hasn?t been the greatest so i?m committing to a work out video twice a week and bike ride 4 other days of the week. Maybe a few walks if the weather is nice! Also liking the idea of breaking all food into meals.

hope we all have a great week ahead!

QOTD: like many of you?ve said i?d Be there. I?m a good listener and I don?t respond with why would you do that to me or whatever a bad response would be. Just knowing that someone is there to listen without accosting you is such a help.

M1:Protein shake.

M2:Tuna pouch and avocado

M3:Quest protein chips

M4:2 oz beef stew meat with mushroom soup

M5:2 oz chicken breast

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/18 5:37 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all. I am just settled into work in a one on one observation with a patient. I slept a good deal for once. I think exhaustion caught up to me, so I slept almost 6 hours which is a lot lately.

I made a dessert for tonight. A peppermint protein sandwich. Basically I just cut a chocolate protein bar in half, shaped it, mixed some SF cool whip with a tiny bit of peppermint and caked it carefully in between the pieces and froze it. We will see how it holds up. I put it in the work freezer here.

QOTD: one thing I hate is feeling rejected and I hate when someone else does. I count being excluded from things as rejection. I've found at work that it's a real thing. At my last job everyone excluded a girl and would leave her out of anything we did together, or meals brought in. I wouldn't participate in that behavior. I included her whether they liked it or not. If someone feels rejected I try to go out of my way to spend time with them.

Breakfast- Coffee with PP, string cheese

Lunch- Ground beef with marinara

Dinner- salmon pattie burger

Snacks- peppermint protein pattie, pork rinds

Totals- 1248 kcal, 75g carbohydrate, 93g protein

Most Active