WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGRS? Saturday,August 18

AnnieG522
on 8/18/18 4:04 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Up very early and hate to miss the thread; pardon me for starting one since I'm so new!

QUOTD: Who has had the most long-lasting influence on your self-esteem? 5 years ago I would have said my mother (not in a good way); now I will say, my daughters! They see me with compassion, kindness, and generosity of spirit. My "world view" of me has always been that I was intelligent, and competent to the max; my inner view was "if you really knew me you couldn't like me". So grateful for the changes. Certain the VGS changing my health so I can participate in life has been wonderful.

But each of you on the journey has added and lovely depth to my perspective. Many thanks!

Food?

Yesterday was ghastly -- my blood sugar drop to 55, and try as I would, I was lucky to make 80 by end of day. I hate low blood sugar feelings and finger sticks.

B: Premier Protein Shake, with decaf coffee

S: Canadian bacon, low fat cottage cheese

L: 1/2 Baked potato with fat free cheese, low fat sour cream

D: Haven't decided...fish, most likely, with vegetables

S: Triple Oikos Greek Yogurt, Vanilla

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/18/18 5:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks so much for starting this Annie! We are in NH visiting friends. Yesterday afternoon we went out on the boat, had a nice ride, and saw an adult loon preening. There are a lot of loons here which one can generally hear early in the morning but I slept until 7.

QOTD: I think I probably had the most lasting impression on my self esteem. That sounds weird doesn't it? I worked hard to morph from a pregnant high school dropout to an educated career woman. I got my MBA and fought for recognition at my company mostly competing against men in the early days. Unfortunately, that esteem didn't necessarily extend to my physical self many times which is why I got so heavy over the years.

2 Years, 4.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Out to dinner - having perused the menu, it will be one of the following: crab cake appetizer, chili, or lemon dill salmon

S: Ostrim meat stick or cottage cheese or protein bar?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 8/18/18 5:55 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning and thanks Annie for starting the thread. No need to apologize - at least not to me, lol.

Getting ready for vacation tomorrow. Just pre-cooked bacon, made pumpkin/yogurt kongs for the dogs and and gathering all needed to go for 2 weeks! I can't remember the last time I went away for two weeks.

QOTD: I think my boss from about 30 years ago maybe had the most affect on my self-esteem. I went to work as a temp and was thrown into the Legal Department at MGH (Mass General Hospital). The attorney I was working for said I was his best secretary since he was in DC - he immediately went to HR and got me 7K over what I was making at my last job - then MGH reevaluated their pay structure and gave everyone another 10% - I took the job, learned IP (intellectual property) and then 3 years later left to go to a private law firm where I worked for the founding/managing partner. It was there that I met the woman who I have worked with off and on for 20 years - every time she takes a new job she virtually at some point takes me with her. Interestingly, she just started a new job this week. My current boss just keeps saying - Please just give me a day's heads up before you give your notice, lol.

B: italian bread toasted/nibbling on bacon as I pre cook it

nothing written in stone - probably take out or something easy as I'm trying to leave the house immaculate/empty dishwasher/no laundry before I go.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kristi T.
on 8/18/18 10:33 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Have a lovely vacation, enjoy your much deserved two weeks!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/18/18 8:23 am, edited 8/18/18 1:29 am

I noticed all the low fat things you are eating. That may cause severe BS fluctuations. I had a severe BS issues and only when I switched to full-fat foods things stabilized.

Lean proteins need insulin to be processed (Google food Insulin index) that plus carbs in your food, specially the fast absorbed carbs can really bring your BS down.

For me - adding fat slows down absorbtion of carbs and helps regulate BS.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MissCheri18
on 8/18/18 8:42 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

Hope everyone is having a good day/week! Busy day AGAIN today lol still helping my sister find a new laptop with all the bells and whistles she needs!

QOTD: Who has had the most long-lasting influence on your self-esteem? For me, this is a hard question to answer! In a forever negative way my mother. In a forever positive way my Grandma Sitter (long story short an elderly lady who took in kids to supplement her SS I actually lived with her from age 1.5 years till 4.5 years of age and then spent the rest of her life VERY close to her (I was 28 years old when she passed in her 90's)

Week 7

Water, water, water!

M1: Protein Coffee Shake

M2:

M3: Italian Chicken Tenders (no breading)

M4: Beef Chow Mein

M5: Chicken Tenders Mini Salad w/Goat Cheese

M6: Not sure IF hungry String Cheese

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Kristi T.
on 8/18/18 10:32 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning Annie and menu friends!

The smoke from the fires up at Glacier Park seem to be getting worse as each day passes. The Ospreys a few houses down from me are screeching louder than normal. I think it is possible that the Osprey couple are rearing two babies this year. I am hoping the smoke isn't making it hard on them. They are normally pretty loud, but today they are worrying me. I will see what my neighbors think, but there isn't much you can do for them. They have a huge platform to live on and a huge lake to fish just below. I haven't been hiking with Emmy as much due to the smoke, she is so little and I don't want her to start having lung trouble. So swimming is about as much activity the both of us are getting lately. I am still fighting a lot of pain and depression, but I have hope that each day will get better.

QOTD-Negatively I would say my father, we have been at odds about my weight since I was 12 years old. Positively would be my lovely Grandmother(I miss her dearly) and my Uncle, thank goodness he is still alive and healthy at 82:-)

B-Bullet Coffee

L-Fried egg, 1/2 apple with almond butter

S-Chai tea w/vanilla pp shake

D-Ground beef with cheese, s. cream and salsa

E-Swim in the lake with Emmy

Have a wonderful Saturday!

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/18 1:59 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Grandmothers will always be the best.

Kristi T.
on 8/20/18 10:03 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I agree Mersh!

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/18 1:57 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Getting ready for work, so posting in a hurry!

QOTD: Answer in 2 parts. Mother - in a very bad way. Grandmother - in a great way to help me fix things.

Most Active