Watcha Eating Today, VSGers? Wednesday 9/5/2018

AnnieG522
on 9/5/18 5:54 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Wednesday and for those who work, half way to the weekend! We retired people have all weekends.

Have a class this morning and am more concerned about the drive (I haven't driven a lot the past 5 years) but also have a 4 hour solo trip tomorrow to take a desk & chair for my youngest daughter (33) and then yay, overnight at oldest daughters and then trip home. Keep a safe thought for me! And those I'm on the road with.

QOTD: What quality about yourself, one that has always been special to you, seems to shine brighter post VSG?

B: Scrambled egg (bad decision)

2nd B: Oikos Lime Greek Yogurt

Coffee w/ Premier Protein

L: Salmon Patty with summer squash

D: ????

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

AnnieG522
on 9/5/18 5:57 am
VSG on 10/05/17

QOTD: What quality about yourself, one that has always been special to you, seems to shine brighter post VSG? I've always liked the fact that I am empathetic and encouraging, and I feel more confident in how I will be received since VGS. I have found that while I am still obviously 66 (shining gray hair), I no longer "look" matronly. So I feel more comfortable extending myself to people.

Have an awesome day, ladies!

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

mmsmom
on 9/5/18 6:01 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, Annie and all. It's Wednesday -yay...Still brutally hot here in the northeast - and my computer is doing all sorts of weird stuff, making it difficult to be productive at work. working out on the deck now, but moving inside soon.

B: english muffin (we just returned from 2 weeks away and there literally is barely anything to eat****d coffee

L: IDK

D: going out to buy a new suit for my husband so probably eat dinner out

E: actually walked yesterday and then the dog panted for like 30 minutes and made me panic. (He has overheated before and herniated his disk, now I panic over every move he makes).

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

PCBR
on 9/5/18 6:10 am, edited 9/4/18 11:12 pm

Haha. I just started and deleted this thread! I was surprised that no one out East had started it by 6a PDT! Thanks for kicking off.

QOTD: Not sure. I feel like the same person. Maybe all my good qualities and impulses have just a little more energy behind them, now that I spend a bit less time feeling tired and self-conscious about being 100+lbs overweight. I still have a long way to go, but definitely feel lighter in body and spirit.

At just over 3 months out:

B - Isopure, 2% fairlife and coffee. While this doesn't really make me feel full long term, I'm just not super hungry and ready to eat this early in the morning

Mid-Morning Snack - skyrr

Lunch (will be a late one..lunch hour doc appt) - cheese and chicken slices OR chili

Dinner - Not sure. Which is not great, since this is where I can get into trouble

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Dcgirl
on 9/5/18 6:21 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi PCBR...I had a protein shake for breakfast every day for about 1.5 years after surgery. My pouch didn't like food first thing in the morning either. If you're a coffee fan like I am, try Chike high protein iced coffee from Amazon. It's a powder and I used to just shake it in a shaker bottle with cold water and ice and that started my day with a bit of caffeine, 20 grams of protein, and it's super tasty too! Just an idea :)

PCBR
on 9/5/18 7:11 pm

Looks good. Thanks for the tip!

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Jess Says Yes
on 9/5/18 6:57 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy hump day! Wednesdays are my longest day, so I'm still gearing up. I'll work with my trainer during lunch.

QOTD: i've always been a "yes" person. Someone who wants to travel and try new things. That started to get a little bit harder as my health got worse, so it is awesome not have those barriers anymore, and to be able to get out there and be part of the adventure.

B - Coffee and protein

L - yogurt and almonds

D - rotisserie chicken and broccoli

S - protein bar

E - strength training

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/18 2:04 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all, today is a rainy, gloomy day. Usually I love days like this, but today has been sad. My grandmother had a horse on her friends farm and has had her over ten years now. Her friend went out into the pasture and found that someone had shot her :( we cannot fathom why someone would do something so horrible. My grandmother has been in pieces all day over it.

QOTD Like Jess, I am a yes person. I like to please and I enjoy making people happy. Though it is usually out of sacrifice of my own happiness. I feel like now I am more confident to be a healthier yes person. I don't just agree to do everything someone asks of me and then begrudge it later. I can say no easier, which makes the things I do do much more heart felt.

Breakfast- Bananas and cream premier shake. This and choc/vanilla seem to be the only three that aren't making me sick. The others are too sweet lately.

Lunch- I am going to take her out to eat, we may split the chicken fajitas plate at our favorite Mexican place.

Dinner- BLT with an extra serving of bacon

Snacks-Only one snack because dummy here weighed incorrectly and didn't notice until after snack was eaten. 2.5 servings of pork cracklings. While delicious, I didn't intend to drop 200 calories on pork cracklings. Also they gave me heartburn. Worth it? Well, yes.

GrammySusan
on 9/5/18 4:13 pm

Please tell your grandmother how sorry i am for the loss of her beautiful creature! People can be so evil. I'm praying for peace for your grandma, comfort and strength at this very hard time.

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/18 4:41 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you, Susan. I will tell her. I agree. It amazes me how awful some people can be. They never cease to surprise me.

Most Active