Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, 9/15/2018

Gwen M.
on 9/15/18 3:45 am, edited 9/15/18 3:51 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning, all! I have to wake up stupid early tomorrow to drive into the city for the race, so I figured I should wake up early today so I can sleep early tonight! I'll be going out in a little bit to do my warm up run and then it's school for the rest of the day. And a brief break to see a movie that I can't remember the name of - Anna Kendrick is in it. A Simple Favor?

QOTD: Would you rather watch an Olympics that outlawed performance-enhancing drugs or one that embraced them and let athletes use medical pit crews to jack up their performance? Why?

1: protein cookie (experimenting since I think I'm going to eat one before going in for the race tomorrow, want to see how it'll impact my empty stomach this morning)
2: protein shake
3: leftovers of some sort, probably brisket!
4: Italian Sausage and White Beans with Sage (new to me Instant Pot or Slow Cooker recipe)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: 1 mile warm up run, yoga stretching

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 9/15/18 3:58 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: This is a topic I'm torn on. On the one hand, people do illegally use performance-enhancing drugs now, giving them an unfair advantage, so is it better to let everyone have that advantage than just the cheaters? On the other hand, if everyone is allowed to use them, only the rich people/countries will be able to afford them, and that's also an unfair advantage. So I think that the options are really - screen every single athlete, every single day, and maybe every single day of the year prior due to qualifying events; or provide the performance enhancements to everyone equally to ensure equal access. Everyone wouldn't be required to use them, but there would be equal opportunity at least.

Ultimately, I'd rather go with comprehensive testing, because I'd like people to believe that they're good enough as they are and that they don't need chemical enhancement to achieve an Olympic dream. Of course, lots of other facets of sports do hinge upon the wealth of the person or country... so it's probably just a systemically flawed system anyway.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Teresa G.
on 9/15/18 11:41 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

QOTD: Would you rather watch an Olympics that outlawed performance-enhancing drugs or one that embraced them and let athletes use medical pit crews to jack up their performance? Why?

Outlawed, no question in my mind. The Olympics have always been about natural athleticism, since the modern games started in 1896, and if people CHEAT and are "unnatural" athletes, they should be banned from participation for life. Frequency of testing for performance enhancing drugs depends on how long it can be detected in the system.

B: 1 egg omelet with 1 wedge Laughing Cow, 3 cherry tomatoes, 1 TBL turkey sausage crumbles

S: ?

L: White Chicken Chili

D: Leftover Fish

I seriously need to work on my meal planning and the timing of my meals/snacks.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/18 12:12 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! Er, afternoon. Am currently pressure cooking some chicken while I drink some fluids and relax. Last night was behind on water. Left my cup at home, thought it would be no big deal since I got to work on the hospital floor. Around 10:30 they moved me into an observation in the ICU, so I didn't get nearly what I should. I felt like everything went wrong last night! I was looking at the guy, who was in restraints, looked away to either my phone, or tv or whatever, a minute or two passes and the nurse comes in, I greet her and she says "oh his feeding tube is out." In just a couple minutes, in restraints he had pulled his feeding tube out without making a sound. I felt like an idiot, I'm sure she thought "this stupid tech is in here NOT doing her job."

Then I was eating peaches every now and then, and if someone came I would put them away. To me that just seemed polite to not want to be munching on food. Later I realized they have cameras on rooms for security reasons (which I didn't think was allowed?) and I realize how suspicious and "up to something" I may have looked, ferreting food into my mouth from my bag. I just had to laugh it off.

QOTD: I am also torn on this. I don't think letting everyone have them would be the answer, since as you said the wealthiest countries would have the best of the best. So, I would have to say that they should continue to ban them and just try to improve screenings for those sorts of things.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views