Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Sunday 9/23/18

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/18 3:13 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning menu crew. It has been a horrible night! I am stuck in another one on one like I seem to be all the time. My patient has dementia and it seems to have gotten worse since I last saw him. He has been physically inappropriate then aggressive. I have been slapped and pushed and threatened. He doesn't seem to like white people very much when he is aggravated. I also left my little container I take with me for my vitamins at home so I am missing my calcium and iron for the day. I at least took the multis already!

QOTD: On a busy day where meal plans have fallen through, so you have a go-to food that you can rely on?

Since I always have rotisserie chicken, I find that rotisserie chicken with cottage cheese is my go to. Lately it's been a turkey sandwich, but last night was my last bit of turkey!

Breakfast- Eggs and sausage again

Lunch- Romaine lettuce with tuna, half serving of cottage cheese and Otts French dressing

Dinner- Salmon burger again

Snacks- Fage 2% with Bear Naked granola, Enlightened Sweet Sriracha broad beans

Totals- 1195 calories, 67g carbs, 96g protein

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/23/18 5:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm sorry you had a tough night Mersh. Sometimes remembering that it is the dementia and not the person doesn't help much.

QOTD: Timely question. I ate stuff I shouldn't have last night because we got home late and I was overtired and over-hungry. I do have things to eat in the house usually but I didn't use it. I try to always have either sliced chicken or tuna available, plus meat sticks and protein bars if I need something to grab and go. The moral is to always throw a snack in one's bag even if you don't think you will need it!

2 Years, 5.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 21.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Chicken and cottage cheese

D: shrimp or fish tacos

S: meat stick or pork rinds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

PCBR
on 9/23/18 9:32 am

Too right! If I wait too long between meals, even if I make a good food choice, I still eat too fast.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/18 12:28 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I had to keep telling myself it was his disease and not him. It made it easier to not be angry, but it was still difficult to not let my emotions boil up. I kept telling myself that he would not be happy with the way he was acting if he understood.

PCBR
on 9/23/18 9:43 am

Jeez, mersh. I hope you were not hurt. That's just sad all the way around. Since the man is elderly, he probably has some pretty bad memories around white people. Maybe The dementia brings him back to a lot of primal bad feelings.

So, according to the scale, I gained 2lbs yesterday. Even though I know it's from eating salty yesterday (and according to the calendar, I'm approaching TOM). This is an excellent case for NOT weighing every day.

OTD: Was cheese slices or string cheese for a while, but I was getting burned out on it. I need to find a new one. I usually want savory, so filling out with a protein shake isn't ideal for me.

B - coffee, fairlife, isopure

L- Breakfast sausage

D - thinking I'll get a rotisserie chicken. Maybe make some chicken salad.

S - Not sure

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/18 12:30 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Daily weighing can be a head spin. I've only just in the last 6 months or so stopped daily weigh ins. I do once a week or even just twice a month right now. How many carbs I eat in a day really effect my weight the following day.

mmsmom
on 9/23/18 10:16 am - Woburn, MA

Good afternoon! I've been working on cleaning up after my husband's house project - new doors/closets in the office and den. Finally my office is clean again. Heading off to Hamilton tonight - excited.

QOTD: I guess yogurt is my go to - greek. I always have it and I tend to get shaky if i haven't eaten enough protein. The yogurt always does the trick

B: cheerios

L: leftover thai beef and basil

D: going for Greek tapas

E: will walk

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

Jess Says Yes
on 9/23/18 10:17 am, edited 9/23/18 3:17 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi everyone. Mersh I'm sorry you had to deal with that, that can't be easy.

I'm under the weather with a nasty cold, so I'm home alone resting while Nick takes the kids to Ry's soccer games.

QOTD: protein bars or triple zero Greek yogurt.

B - protein and coffee

L - not hungry yet, maybe a protein bar

D - Turkey & white bean chili

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views