Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Monday, 9/24/18

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/18 3:31 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning friends. Been a pretty quiet night. In an observation again, but this one has been easy. She's snoozed all night so I've basically jus****ched movies, done cross words, checked out grocery sales. I am tired though. I haven't been getting more than 4 hours of sleep this weekend. Would love to go home and pass out, but leaving work and going to pick up my friend and take her to get groceries. I will be a few hours with her.

QOTD: What bad habits are you trying to break?

I cannot seem to stop speed eating. I know it has to be engrained from school where we got less than 20 minutes to get food, sit and eat, return tray. It has been that way through the district since grade school. I still eat like I only have a few minutes

Today will be a bit different since I will be with her and this last work day rolls into turning my week into a normal week so food is always pushed back. I just ate my last meal of the night about 45 minutes ago. So new breakfast for Monday is around lunch. It's confusing to explain, but somehow I make it work

breakfast- 6 piece chicken nuggets with spicy buffalo sauce with friend

Lunch- Another salmon burger cause I'm lazy and they are delicious. Last one though :(

Dinner- Rotisserie chicken with cottage cheese (old faithful)

Snacks- I'm think a protein bar, hard salami with cheese pack

mmsmom
on 9/24/18 4:35 am - Woburn, MA

Good Monday morning! I'm tired too! Went to see Hamilton last night - it was A-MA-ZING!!! I would highly recommend it. However, since I usually go to bed early and today I had to come the 45 miles into work, I'm already tired and it's only 7:30 am. I'll survive!

QOTD: I have let bad eating habits creep in this summer - way too much ice cream and junk and my pants are showing it - all my winter pants are tight and I feel like my chest is bigger - ugh. Time to crack down on snacking. Also way to much takeout.

B: probably an egg from the caf

L: probably a salad from the caf with turkey or chicken

D: defrosted chicken and going to make with proscuitto and fresh sage/wine sauce

E: I think we are still doing "making strides against breast cancer" Monday walks here at work - will participate in that - and walk the dog at home. Steps have been 10K+ lately

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

PCBR
on 9/24/18 6:01 am

Hamilton was like no show I've ever seen. The staging was so mind blowing!

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

TripleAxel
on 9/24/18 8:24 am
VSG on 09/20/18

I have tix to see it next August in Philly; the soundtrack is so amazing that I can't wait!

Age 56. HW: 233 SW: 214 VSG 9/20/18, Hosp. of the Univ. of Pennsylvania, Dr. Noel Williams

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/18 6:21 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I would love to see Hamilton! Very jealous

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/24/18 4:52 am, edited 9/23/18 9:52 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks for starting Mersh! I was hoping I didn't have to come up with a QOTD. I'm glad your observation was easier last night. Have you started classes yet?

My day is busy with 2 Alzheimer's related events and a mentoring orientation class at my WLS Center. Our support group leader reached out to me because she thought I'd make a good mentor for our region.

QOTD (ETA - mental block I guess LOL): I'm trying to break the evening snacking habit. It is the absolute worst time of day for me. I've tried moving my dinner later, drinking decaf coffee and having planned/filling snacks. But even though they work to some extent, the urge is always there.

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Chicken and cottage cheese

D: fish tacos

S: meat stick or protein bar

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/18 6:20 am
VSG on 01/12/17

My worst snacking urges are during work when I am in an observation. Food helps keep me focused so I bring extra snacks, the urge to just graze and blmunch while I sit there is so high! Thankfully everything I take is planned out in MFP

MissCheri18
on 9/24/18 5:48 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! Hope everyone has a great week!

QOTD: What bad habits are you trying to break? Right now my latest habit is shopping for clothes so trying to stop myself from doing this because I have plenty of smaller and I'm outgrowing clothes every week now so seriously not smart to shop, shop, shop! But it is so nice NOT to be in the Women's dept. super easy to love shopping for Larges now and not a 2/3x!

Week 13

Water, water, water!

M1: Ocean Spray Cran-Black Cherry, MiraLAX

M2: SF Peppermint Mocha Coffee (w/Fairlife Skim Milk s full-serving added)

M3: NY Steak, Cottage Cheese

M4: Avocado

M5: Yellow Bell Pepper, Onion, Turkey and Flax Seed stir fry

Daily Snack: not likely today

Protein: 68g. Carb: 28g. Fiber: 24g Cal. 563

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/18 6:18 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I have had to reign in my clothes shopping too, but I was a thrift store shopper! It takes something mighty special for me to buy it out of a department store

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/24/18 11:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I too suffer from the urge to clothes shop. And the thrift store variety can be dangerous because there is always such a good deal!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views