Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, September 26

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/26/18 5:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I can't believe that September is over at the end of the week! It is rainy this morning but it will dry out this afternoon. Starting tomorrow there will be crisp fall weather. It seems like it came very suddenly, but I think that is because the end of summer here happened while we were on our trip.

QOTD: What's your favorite family tradition? Mine used to be our annual Christmas gatherings at our former house. My mother would come for brunch in the am (to avoid the later big crowd). We would clear the decks and have about 20 people for Christmas dinner. We always timed it so BIL and family could drive from NY on Christmas Day and so eldest DD would be off work if it was her weekend on. So many great memories. We have struggled with Christmas since we moved to Cape Cod and MIL became ill and ultimately passed away. Last year we went to DS' birth mothers for Christmas Eve and that was really enjoyable, with all different families and some small children. Much better than our very quiet Christmas Day now.

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna, pickles and cottage cheese

D: shrimp

S: Nut Thins/hummus and homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MissCheri18
on 9/26/18 6:04 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! Hope everyone has a great week! Had a super nice start to my day today, one of my daughters that I rarely get a chance to visit with these days called me to tell me she loves me on her way to work! I'm off to visit my cardiologist this afternoon for my 6 month visit, about an hour drive but it's a pretty drive up the beach Hwy. Not sure if we will stop on the way home to get something to eat or not? Typically when we do I have about a quarter of something my sister gets or I get a cup of chili LOL.

QOTD: What's your favorite family tradition? It used to be Christmas Eve that is when our house was open to friends and extended family to drop by at any time good for them. I'd have a buffet style table set up with snacks (surgery, meats, cheeses and crackers) and a lovely punch bowl with punch. It was super nice and we all had great stories and laughter... now we live far away, so all holidays are a quiet time.

Week 13

Water, water, water!

M1: SF Peppermint Mocha Protein Coffee

M2: Lean Deli Roast Beef in a Carb-Counter Wrap

M3: ???

M4: ???

M5: Maybe a lean burger patty if hungry.

Daily Snack: not likely today

Protein: 77g. Carb: 33g. Fiber: 14g Cal. 504

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

PCBR
on 9/26/18 6:10 am

Good morning, Liz!

Yes, September always flies by. I think it's the shortening of the days in contrast to to Summer.

QOTD: When I was a kid, my parents took us to Disneyland on Christmas Eve. It was so magical and empty of people, but full of light and decorations. We would fall asleep in the car on the way home with Christmas music on the radio, which worked out great for our parents. Now Christmas Eve is so crowded at DL (guess folks caught on). Now I take my family :); before Christmas break to avoid the crowds. There's no magic like seeing magic through the eyes of a kid. I see why my folks did what they did, even though it was tiring.

4 months out.

Lowest carbs is the theme of the day. I keep letting more grams than I want creepnin, mostly due to bad prep and planning.

B - Isopure zero carb and coffee

S - string cheese or half skyrr

L - rotisserie chicken (no skin) mashed with a splash of ranch and a few chopped peppers

D - finish rotisserie chicken

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

mmsmom
on 9/26/18 6:41 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, all! My weather and Liz's are usually similar since, relatively speaking, we don't live far from each other. It's so damp and moist here tho that there is actually condensation on the kitchen counter today! Yuck.

QOTD: I have a few that I love - first, of course, is Christmas. We are lucky in that my sil is jewish so i never have to share them. My son's gf's parents are divorced, so now we just include her mother! Yay. So even though my daughter lives .7 miles away, they sleep at my house on Xmas eve so they can wake up in their new pjs on christmas at "home." and my son lives in our lower level so he is already here too. I LOVE IT. The other family tradition I LOVE is that my grandfather insisted we all get together on 4th of July for a cookout. When my aunt got too old to do it, I took over. I think literally we have been doing this for 50 plus years. My counsin's kids are more like first cousins to my children than their real first cousins. Love them all - a bunch of crazy Italians!

B: cheerios

L: cheese and crackers, maybe?

D: i think a steak on the grill while we still can

E: ahhhh, just realized my fitbit has been charging for about 2 days. I hate not getting credit for my steps, lol

VSG on 04/28/2014

yvonnef1964
on 9/26/18 7:13 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hello,

Im sad this morning and no reason to get up, my kitty had a home. I came home from work and my next door neighbor greeted me and said I was told you have my cat and my family misses him terribly. But I keep telling myself that I still have my babies at work.

Qotd it used to be Christmas Eve, we go to my grandmas and all my aunts, uncles and cousins would get together until my grandma died.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D sirloin pork chop

Have a good day

PCBR
on 9/26/18 9:43 am

Why not adopt a cat from a rescue or shelter? Plenty of adult cats who need a loving home.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/26/18 10:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm so sorry Yvonne. A shelter cat might be waiting for a wonderful person like you though.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MissCheri18
on 9/26/18 4:55 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

We adopted both our cats (at the same time) from a county shelter when they were a few months old, we've had them for over 7 years now and love them like children!

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/18 9:18 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all. It's a brisk 60 degrees outside. While I'm cold, I love the fall weather. Am currently sitting at the gym and letting my friend I came with try out the hydro massage bed that members (me) get access to. She loves it. I have a dumb staff meeting to go to tonight but I think I may play hooky. I don't like things like that and usually nothing pertains to me since I'm on night shift and we don't do half the stuff day shift has to do.

Breakfast- Fage full fat plain, Sola double chocolate granola, unsweetened coconut flakes

Lunch- Roast beef, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese (cheese heavy it looks like)!

Dinner- Homemade burger

Snacks- Apple and Pb

mmsmom
on 9/26/18 11:22 am - Woburn, MA

OMG it's so hot - literally a dew point of 71 now. Ugh

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active