Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Saturday 9/29/18

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/18 3:03 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning menu friends. I am very tired this morning since I did not get the sleep I should have. The roofer came with the claims adjuster from my insurance to look at the roof together and see if it would be covered. At the last meeting with the roofer he was so certain that there was no way the claim of wind and hail damage could be denied, it was too obvious. Well, he was wrong! The denied it, saying it was from blistering from lack of ventilation in the roof. Yes, there is blistering, but also hail damage, but that doesn't really seem to matter. He can write it up as all blistering. So, we will have to finance the roof. Insurance companies, bleh!

QOTD: What was your favorite meal when you were a kid?

Mine was shepard's pie. I have tried to make it myself, but I can never get the taste right like I remember it being. Haven't had it in so long.

Breakfast - Fage 5% plain, Sola double chocolate granola, unsweetened coconut flakes

Lunch - Chicken stir fry with a fried egg

Dinner - Half a turkey sandwich

Snack - Colby jack cheese sticks, pork rinds

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/29/18 5:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sorry the insurance company is being a pain. They must feel that the weather wouldn't have caused the damage without the underlying issue?

The sun is out here so even if it is chilly it will be a good day to take a long walk with Justice. Maybe we will go to Woods Hole...

QOTD: I loved my fathers spaghetti sauce and my mother's "Swiss steak". I could never replicate either recipe even though I have the written recipe for the latter from my mother's recipe box. I think meat cuts may be different (or she revised it and never wrote down her changes)?

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ? (At friends for dinner)

S: veggies and hummus (bringing to friends)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

yvonnef1964
on 9/29/18 7:46 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Liz,

The answer to your response on yesterday's question on the ryn board. Even after telling, I had many years of not handling it. Was looking for love and went from guy to guy until 2013 when I threw the last guy out and really turned myself over to God. I finally feel at peace now and wanting to forgive my brother of nine years of abuse. In 2006, I almost lost myself, I tried committing suicide three times that year. Guess what saved me the last time I was put in icu and the nurse came in and put oxygen on me and said my oxygen level was really low and it scared me. Then they had a person to watch me until they sent me to the psych hospital.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/29/18 10:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm glad you are here Yvonne, and that God has helped you. I can tell from what you write that you have a big heart and do a lot for many people.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/18 2:29 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

They must have assumed so. Regardless, a new roof needs put on even if it has to be paid for outright. This roof on the house is about 20 years old. It's time for a new one!

I can never replicate my grandmother's recipes. I think because even if she has a recipe, she cooks by feel/experience rather than numbers, where I am an exact measurement person.

seattledeb
on 9/30/18 1:17 am

Many of those food for me are probably better left to the memory pile. I do miss sweet Swedish Rye bread.

yvonnef1964
on 9/29/18 7:56 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I have some errands to run then I'm going over to my friends apartment to help her get it ready for when she comes home from the hospital. She's having a total hip replacement on Tuesday and I won't see her for awhile since she's a veteran and has to go across the state to have it done.

Qotd spaghetti or goulash

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D eating at my friends but she knows how I eat.

Have a good day

AnnieG522
on 9/29/18 10:15 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Mersh, that stinks. We had ours replaced after a hurricane wind incident, but I think our entire neighborhood did. Hope it all resolves.

QOTD: What was your favorite meal when you were a kid? Kinda of ashamed to say a Swanson's chicken TV dinner. It was a rare treat. My mom was a fairly good cook, but dad didn't like variety. And we were gluten free due to celiac disease in our family.

Have had a busy week - say the neurosurgeon and had good report - tumor is 1/2 size it was before treatment. SO whoo hoo! Had my one year bariatric, and except for muscle loss (yeah, exercise is in my near future) all is perfect. (Except for my slow growing hair and the wig).

B: Yogurt, slice of bacon, 1/4 homemade waffle w marmalade

L: Butternut squash soup with asiago

D: Hmmmm

S: Yogurt, air popped popcorn

Lots of coffee (It's National Coffee Day) and Crystal Lite

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/18 5:45 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

That's great that it's half the size! You must feel good!

Tealael2017
on 9/29/18 2:33 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I always like fruit as a kid, still do.

B. Coffee w/ premeir protein, tea, water

Cottagecheese w/pineapple and vegan oatmeal bar

L. Salmon patty w/ mixed vegetables and basil cottage cheese

Tea, water, hot cocoa

D. Same as lunch probably

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views