Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Monday, 10/1/18

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/18 2:39 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I can't believe it is already October. It is time to get out all of my decorations and get them together and set up for the Holiday. I love this Holiday. Never have I really done a lot during it, but I love the costumes and the spookiness all around.

Tonight when I came in to work the family of one of the patients had brought in all kinds of sweets. I really wanted to eat some. I could have made room calorie wise like I did the pumpkin roll the other weekend, but this time was different. I really, really wanted them in a "I am tired, stressed, and miserable" sort of way. Thankfully I saw this urge as it came up and turned away the sweets, but it made me realize the hold food still can have over me. Like many have said, this is a never ending struggle with those compulsions. At least tonight I can say I had a small victory in not letting those sweets over take me!

I know why I am stressed and today I am going to remedy it. My mother's birthday was Saturday. Purposefully I ignored it after all the horrible things she has said and done as of late. Despite those horrible things, I feel insanely guilty. I wish I didn't sine I have zero reason to feel any guilt because of her, but here I am anyway, sick and miserable over some obligation I think I have towards her. SO, after work I am going to go and buy her a single serving of cheese cake and some flowers and take them to her.

Anyway, that is my menu rant!

QOTD: What small, or large victories have you had lately?

Breakfast - Fage 5% yogurt, Sola double chocolate granola, unsweetened coconut. So, once I finish this container I probably will not buy 5% milk fat Fage. I do not like it. I like the full milk fat Chobani much more, but overall 2% Fage is the best tasting version. The 5% still has that non-fat tartness to it.

Lunch - Spaghetti made from spiraled zucchini, ground beef and pasta sauce

Dinner - Half a chicken sandwich using costco rotisserie chicken, sharp cheddar cheese

Snack - Berry chicken salad with raspberry vinagarette dressing, or maybe honey Dijon, haven't decided yet

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/1/18 4:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice menu, Mer**** is hard not to have mixed feelings about a parent when they haven't been a proper parent. My stepdaughter was rejected by her mother a few years ago. She has struggled a lot and is seeing a therapist on a regular basis.

QOTD: I don't know about victories right now. I'm up few pounds (snuck up during the summer). I'm still under goal, but don't like the extra few. I need to get a working plan in place to drop them to pre-summer weight. We are out to dinner at least 4 times this week, so that isn't going to help. I can handle once a week pretty easily but 4 is a lot.

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ? (have a cruise/dinner tonight)

S: veggies and hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/18 9:09 am
VSG on 01/12/17

It is hard. I know in my head and heart I don't owe her that maternal connection to me, but I guess it's hard to break no matter what the cir****tances were/are.

I hope the zucchini noodles taste okay. They are popular. I have tried and used them before, but I have trouble cooking them right.

Eating out is the devil, it's so hard to track. What has been easier is allotting a heavy chunk of calories free in my day if I eat out.

mmsmom
on 10/1/18 4:56 am - Woburn, MA

Mersh, from what i see about how you are with your friends/grandmother, i doubt if you have anything to truly feel guilty about. You appear to be a good person who is kind and giving. I'm sure you did all you could for your mother and you have to realize that what you couldn't do was within her. I have a sister who is a piece of work and I used to feel bad about how things turned out - but now I say, "I have no room in my life for mean-spirited people." Move on and enjoy your life - you desserve it!

Also experiencing summer creep up - my dress that I bought for a wedding saturday would not close across my chest!!! I had to run out and buy a new dress. Not good

B: idk, I am going to the dr so maybe I'll eat after they weigh me!

L: yogurt
D: roasting split chicken breasts and butternut squash

VSG on 04/28/2014

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/18 9:07 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I woke up to read those kind words. THank you so much. I am trying hard to move past it, I wish my brain would keep up with the rest of me!

MissCheri18
on 10/1/18 7:53 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

That was a nice victory over the candy/sweets and thank you for sharing that with us. As for your mother, for what it's worth, My mother was horrible to me, extremely abusive (she broke most or all of my fingers before I was two for making fingerprints on the glass) There was never a kind word and never once do I remember her saying she loved me. BUT I still remembered her on her birthdays and holidays and when she was dying I made sure to call her (I was 2000 miles away) every single day of the 26 days it took her to die and told her that I loved her, every single day and this was before unlimited cell phones. I am very sad she never said she was sorry, never said she loved me clear up to the end but I know I did what was right for me and it gives me peace inside. So, even if you choose to forget her and wipe her out of your world, or continue to do these things on her birthday... do what gives you peace inside.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

MissCheri18
on 10/1/18 8:13 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Not sure what is going on with my system? I am getting full super-fast typically not finishing the meal I have planned and often feeling kind of sick afterwards.

QOTD: What small, or large victories have you had lately? We took our Sunday drive on Sat this week and ended up wandering a ways, so we stopped at a place for lunch that we use to go to at least once a month but haven't been to since before my VSG... Our waiter is a guy I knew from DSC and our trips to the restaurant I mean we know each other and give each other a bad time joking etc. every single time.... Well, most of my weight loss is clearly a change in how I look in the face, so OK I'm giving him a hard time and he is enjoying it but not his normal self-giving it back and then I realized he did not recognize me! (I asked him if he had forgotten me and he was shocked when I said who I was) This has recently happened at a couple of places by people who typically know me very well. It's actually kind of nice!

Week 14

Water, water, water!

M1: Ocean Spray Cran-Black Cherry, MiraLAX

M2: SF Pumpkin Spice Coffee

M3: Turkey sausage

M4: P3 Turkey, Bacon & Colby Jack

M5: Not real sure but I think baked Chicken Breast

Daily Snack: Hot Peppermint Mocha Protein Coffee

Protein: 66g. Carb: 14g. Fiber: 18g Cal. 503

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

yvonnef1964
on 10/1/18 9:17 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I had a drs appointment for my binge eating this morning. She was pleased.

Yesterday I was crossing the street and almost over to my apartment complex driveway,this young guy almost ran me over with his car pulling out of the driveway. He never looked that way. He heard me scream watch it and he slammed on the brakes. I was pretty shaken up. Then I had to drive my friend hour and half away so she could catch the shuttle bus this morning to the Detroit VA hospital to have her total hip replacement done tomorrow morning. If you can keep her in your prayers I appreciate it. She's really nervous about having it so far away from home.

Qotd I've lost nine pounds in the last two weeks.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D ribs and broccoli

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/2/18 1:03 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nine pounds in two weeks! Nice job!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teresa G.
on 10/1/18 7:31 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Hi sleeve peeps!

I haven't been posting on the thread for awhile...probably a combination of laziness, feeling like a hypocrite since I rarely stayed at where my menu stated, and embarrassment to share all the stuff I've been grazing on. I didn't eat anything that isn't part of my way of eating, just more of it than I need to.
Well, except for the fair scones, but that's another story.

Anyway, I'm back for the additional accountability I find here...I've been letting that tool in my toolbox get pushed aside and I know that it's not to my advantage or overall success to do so.

I am 4 lbs away from reaching the 100 pound loss milestone! It seems surreal to me. I also finally measured, having not taken measurements since the beginning of this journey. I have lost 12" off my waist!

I've also figured out that if I keep my calories too low, not only do I go off the rails after 5-6 days and eat far more calories than I intend to, but my weight loss also slows way down...like 1/2 lb a week if that. I'm now aiming for 800-900 a day and my weight loss is picking up.

I'm leaving Thursday morning for the Obesity Help annual conference in Anaheim. I am really excited to go, and can't wait to meet so many new people! I decided against shipping the clothes for the exchange. It would have been far more expensive than just paying the baggage fee on my big suitcase, even though I have to pay the fee both ways. Now I just need to get the clothes all packed up!

QOTD: What small, or large victories have you had lately? I still had several very professional jacket and skirt outfits from when I worked as a consultant for Boeing 30 years ago. They probably aren't "in style" but I've never been a fashionista so I really don't care. Maybe they've come back in style, like bell bottoms. I don't know why I hung on to them...they haven't fit for 30 years. Perhaps it was the great memories of how great my life was at that time that kept me from tossing them. Anyway, I pulled them out to try them on, just out of curiosity, and they FIT! Loosely! In fact, a couple of them are probably too big to wear. So I took them to the dry cleaners, and will hopefully wear them a time or two before they're totally unwearable and I will need to pass them on.

B: Premier Protein in coffee

S: 1 egg micro-scrambled with a wedge of laughing cow

L: hummus and cauliflower and a mini cucumber

S: Chicken breast, protein shake

D: Taco Turkey meat, refried beans, sour cream and salsa, 2 jalapeno pepper poppers

No snack tonight...I'm full and satisfied and have all my protein in

Calories: 778
Carbs: 32
Protein: 93
Fiber: 11

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views