WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGRS? Wednesday October 3

AnnieG522
on 10/3/18 5:01 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Up early as oldest daughter is here overnight (she's got a class to administer in Mecklenburg County). So we've had the granddog plus our two dogs...and not a lot of sleep - dogs up and down, unrolling an entire roll of toilet paper, barking at imaginary things. I see a nap in my future! Soon...

QOTD: What is the best life lesson you've learned in however many years of life you have?

I'll do what Gwen does and answer in the comments.

B: Chobani Greek Pumpkin Spice Yogurt

S: Premier Protein shake with coffee

L: Homemade Moussaka

S: Small salad with feta & Vidalia onion dressing

D: Homemade butternut soup

S: Air Pop popcorn

And who knows...depends on how much I finish.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

AnnieG522
on 10/3/18 5:04 am
VSG on 10/05/17

QOTD: What is the best life lesson you've learned in however many years of life you have?

I am 66. And honestly, at about 45 I suddenly realized I didn't care if everyone (or anyone) liked me or approved of my choices (or clothes, or hair, or whatever). Including my grown children.

My take is, if you want to comment on my life, raise your hand. And then put it over your mouth.

I think living with consequences of some ridiculous choices I made had a lot to do with it. And realizing that "if you're nice everyone will like you" was a load of crap from my mom.

SO, yes I have amazing, dear long-time friends and wonderfully interesting new ones. But no more being nice to toxic things!

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

mmsmom
on 10/3/18 5:16 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning! Dreary here again, but it's supposed to clear. I got a great night sleep last night and even though it was still dark got up relatively easily today. :D The next ten nights I will have my daughter's dog so the quality sleep may be over. The two dogs both like the same position in the bed and her dog is much more dominant so my poor little guy will be out of sorts until she is gone.

QOTD: Two things come to mind - one of my first bosses said to me, "99% of mistakes can be fixed, so don't ever be afraid to tell me if you've made a mistake." I find this to be very true and much prefer an honest admission of error from myself or anyone else than bull-crap to cover it up. Secondly, at 40 I also had an "I really don't care what other people think" moment. I do things to please myself and my family and if I buy something nice it's because I want it -not to impress anyone else.

B: steel cut oats

L: going out! Probably a salad with salmon

D: idk, unprepared

E: have been walking in the rain with the dog. It's gross, but he's tired and my night is quieter if I do... supposed to be clear tonight so hopefully a good, long walk

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/3/18 5:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. Today would have been my oldest DD's 46th Birthday. Happy Birthday Elise!

QOTD: Make the best out of whatever life presents, as it is highly unlikely to ever be predictable. I had Elise at 17, didn't finish my education until I was 32, adopted our two youngest children, lost Elise when she was 32, bought a second home on Cape Cod (now our primary home), am dealing with DH's Alzheimer's, bought a second home in Florida, have become very close to my stepdaughter in the last couple of years. None of that was ever anticipated in a "life plan".

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Salmon (left over from last night)

S: homemade cottage cheese with torani syrup

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gwen M.
on 10/3/18 6:49 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm spending my morning at school. My fitness class was 8-9am and then I've got a lunch date near school at 1pm. It's a 30ish minute drive between home and school, so it makes more sense to just hang out here, with the wifi, and work. Especially since I can easily shower at the gym. Hopefully I'll be productive! Only 2 weeks left of my current classes before I get a week off.

QOTD: I've learned that I need to force myself to socialize and spend time with my people. I always have a billion justifications for why I don't have time, energy, whatever, but, ultimately, I've learned that if I just go do it I'm always glad that I did. People are important.

1: protein bar (since I'm not home)
2: out for Indian. I don't know what I'll be getting. Definitely a samosa and then either a bean or tofu based curry so I can share with my vegan bff.
3: instant pot magic pork

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: pilates class

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/18 7:23 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning. Just ate breakfast and will be heading off to the gym soon. It's going to be a hot day, 90 I think! The temperature is so up and down that my head feels like its in a vice every morning when I wake up.

QOTD: You catch more flies with honey. I've heard that saying a million times, and it tends to always be true. Even if people are nasty to you, try to be as kind as you can be. It's not always easy and at times I fail at it, but overall this bit of advice has been the best.

Breakfast - Half bagel, cream cheese, side of fage yogurt with nutmeg mixed in.

Lunch - Chicken taco with some avocado, cheese sauce, jalapeno

Dinner - Homemade general tso' cashew chicken with mushrooms, this time green beans. If I go out instead, we are going for fish, so it will be that instead.

Snacks - Not fully planned out. I need to dig up 400 calories somewhere to consume before day's end. I have some pork rinds and salsa I might have, maybe some peanut butter and crackers. I've got lots of stuff I can grab, just don't know what I want and I'm being whiny.

yvonnef1964
on 10/3/18 8:29 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

My friend made it through her total hip replacement surgery yesterday.

Qotd I'm learning to not care what people think of me and expressing what I feel instead of keeping it in.

B ham and cheese omelette,string cheese and English muffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D bacon cheddar beef burger and broccoli

Have a good day

facetedginger
on 10/3/18 9:22 am, edited 10/3/18 2:22 am

Boring day at work for me, but at least it's a short one so I can cook tonight.

QOTD: I've learned over the years that I benefit greatly from frequent self-assessment. Am I working on toward my goals? Am I planning what I need to? Is my eating in check? Am I splurging on unnecessary items? Is everything in order in the house? Am I feeling secure? etc. It's been one of my greatest tools.

B: Coffee

S1: apple slices

L: Meatball bake

S2: GNC Shamrock Leanshake

D: Pork loin with Peas

Jess Says Yes
on 10/3/18 11:06 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi all! My Pittsburgh trip with my dad was awesome. So special to get that one-on-one time with him! Trying to get back into the swing of things!

QOTD: I've learned that how I experience life is a reflection of my own world view. That is to say, 'life is what you make it'. Cir****tances are often outside of my control, so my power exists is in my own attitude and the way I choose to respond to things. I'm so much happier now that I've embraced that.

B - coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds

D - rice & beans

S - celery

E - strength training

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Most Active