6 Months Down. A lifetime to go.

facetedginger
on 10/5/18 5:43 am

Yesterday was my 6 month surgiversary. If I could do it all over again I still would. I have zero complaints and have had a gold star experience. No vomiting, extremely limited nausea (like 2 Zofran the entire time) no pain meds post op.

I do wish I'd lost a little more in the time, but am happy and will continue to work hard and evaluate when I hit a stall to ensure I'm being honest with myself.

I have lost about 98 pounds and have roughly 93 to go (Start: 341 Current: 243 Goal: 150). My goal is a little higher than the doctor's goal (about ten pounds) but I will re-evaluate when I get there.

I've lost 30 inches overall.

I started in a very, very tight 24/26 pant and a 2x/3x shirt with an apple figure.

Today I'm comfortably wearing a L sweater and a 16W pant with a pear figure.

My skin is loose and my gym commitment has been lax. It's time to get my butt in gear.

My meals are half planned generally, but we have stopped going out for dinner every single night. Instead, I cook each night (thanks Instant Pot) and we only go out on Thursdays with the rest of the extended family.

I have found that some hunger is returning. This solidifies my need for planned and prepared meals including breakfast which I have largely skipped all this time.

My six month appointment won't happen until early November because my surgeon's office is a little behind but I'll have a blood draw in about two weeks and be able to better understand if my vitamins are working for me.

I starting losing hair about two months out and it got to a place where I wanted a wig. It was definitely noticeable and there was no hiding it. It stopped about 5 months and I can see the new hair growth already.

NSV...but, my PCOS seems to be completely in check. I ended up requesting the pill from my OB because of regular ovulations and cycles from about week two post surgery. The extra hairs on my chin and lip are gone and my skin seems brighter and less acne prone.

This seems to always come up, but my marriage is better than ever. We celebrated our 7th anniversary at the end of August along with my 30th birthday. He was hesitant and couldn't understand why I would want or need the surgery but seems to really understand the bigger picture now.

I love looking at older pictures of myself. I was never lacking confidence and loved my body for what it did and what it was capable of. I never had anyone fat shame me or make me feel like I was worth less. I was successful despite my weight. Now.... I feel like I can take over the world.

MissCheri18
on 10/5/18 6:30 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Sounds really good and thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you will let us know what the outcome is at your Dr visit on the labs etc. If you worry over your food intake at this stage you might want to use the daily what your eating today post to put yours in, either what you intend to eat or at the end of day it seems to help a lot.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

facetedginger
on 10/5/18 7:08 am

I will definitely update after my appointment. I've been doing that and tracking in my phone. Most days, I'm not eating much because I'm stuck at work for twelve hours most days and cannot eat at my desk. Only on my 30 minute lunch. I can however sip water all day which I think is helping. I also can sip a protein shake if I can take a quick break to run and grab some ice from the kitchen.

I think I can eat a small breakfast cup of something in the morning as long as I prep it early in the week and grab it on my way out the door.

facetedginger
on 11/8/18 5:06 am

*** Post Appointment Update ***

I had my labs done a few weeks prior to my appointment on 11/8/18. The NUT, and PA were beyond thrilled with my progress. I've lost about 44% of my excess body weight at 7 months post-op. By 2 years they expect people to be around 55-60% excess weight lost. I'm pushing to lose another 15 before the new year.

My Vit D was perfect -- It's never been perfect and I've been taking D supplements for years.

My B12, Iron, an all other vitamin levels are perfect.

My A1C is 4.1- again, perfect.

I cannot begin to describe how much better I feel every single day. I have more energy- both mental and physical. I am more driven. I am more disciplined. Before surgery I felt like a slave to my diseases and now I feel like I have an opportunity for a normal life.

SW: 341 CW: 236 GW: 150ish

Most Active