Watcha Eating Today, VSGers? Tues 10/9/2018

AnnieG522
on 10/9/18 5:22 am
VSG on 10/05/17

As NC braces for Hurricane Michael's rain and wind later in the week, it is hot here - upper 80s. Praying for the people nearer the coast especially Fair Bluff & Lumberton, Conway and Aynor, where we still have family & friends and who were devastated by Matthew & Florence....that their way of life doesn't disappear.

QOTD: What is something that keeps you up at night? Ala Gwen, I'll answer in the comments.

B: Premier protein shake in coffee (lots of coffee)

S: Sweet potato toast (new recipe...not sure how that will fly)

L: Ham and baby swiss wrap (no bread)

S: Salad with some kind of protein

D: Leftover 3 cheese tortellini with shredded chicken marinara

S: Chobani Yogurt

Really trying to push protein back up .... I'm okay, but getting a few "creeping" carbs in.

Also, if you can spare a few positive thoughts for my youngest daughter who at 34 is back in nursing school, working full time and single parent to 2 wild little girls with no help. She lives about 4 hours away. She's finished clinicals for this year -- has a biology course at night till end of December. Then TEAS and then classes again in spring.

Y'all are the best!

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

AnnieG522
on 10/9/18 5:26 am
VSG on 10/05/17

OTD: What is something that keeps you up at night? Well, a bit embarrassed, but it is my "personal" finances. My husband is brilliant with our investments, etc., which since retirement he's handled. But my personal money I deserve a MONEY FOOL T-shirt. Obviously once spent, you are sort of stuck but I do insist on ruminating about it at night when I can't sleep.

It used to be other things, but my personal faith has taught me that it is well in hand and all will be well, even if I dont' see how or if it's painful. Just not quite there with the money piece.

You guys are such a gift on my journey -- thank you so much for sharing each of your stories, ideas, lives, etc. Sometimes I look at "regular" people, that is, those who apparently don't spend time working on eating or decisions like that on such a detailed basis, and pray we all get there.

Annie

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

yvonnef1964
on 10/9/18 6:09 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

The Qotd is the same as ryn board question of the day. Lol.

I have wls support group tonight, hopefully more people show up than just myself.

Qotd I'm a night owl by nature but if I don't take my bedtime pill, I'll only sleep a few hours then I'm up and it stresses me out. If I'm worried about finances or like last week I didn't hear from a friend that had surgery will keep me up.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and honeycrisp apple

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D roasted garlic mozzarella chicken sausage and some kind of vegetable.

Have a good day

MissCheri18
on 10/9/18 6:24 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! Hope you have a great week.

QOTD:

Week 15

Water, water, water!

M1: Diet V8 Splash, MiraLAX

M2: SF Peppermint Chocolate (Jordan SF Syrup) Coffee

M3: Starkist Ready-to-Eat Pouch Tuna Salad, Chopped Pecans, Butter Lettuce.

M4: John Soules - Beef Fajita, Carb-Counter Wrap

M5: Turkey Breast, Carrots & Green Beans, with Basil Black Olive Feta Pesto

Daily SF Pumpkin Spice Coffee

Protein: 73g. Carb: 44g. Fiber: 35g Cal. 612 (FYI my listed carbs have not had my fiber subtracted, I do it in my head)

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

bb11234
on 10/9/18 7:42 am
VSG on 05/18/17

B - vegan sausage with hot sauce

S1- celery, snow peas, a small chocolate cookie at a work morning tea (presuming about 70-80 calories)

L - salad (lettuce, spinach, tomato, cucumber, 1 egg, 50g avocado, Italian and balsamic dressing) (only ate about 2/3)

S2 - 2 sesame wheats, mini protein bar

D - protein bar

Exercise - (400ish calories) F45 class

Definitely did not eat enough today, but today was pretty busy with meetings, working late and trying to duck out to fit in a workout. Tomorrow I need to add in a protein shake.

facetedginger
on 10/9/18 8:27 am

QOTD: What is something that keeps you up at night? I'm in the same boat with the finances. I recently made a career change to better my mental health but it definitely put a hurt on our budget. Now, I'm trying to pick up as many extra hours as I can which is impacting my mental health again but I'm just trying to tell myself it's temporary.

B: Coffee

S: Carrot Sticks

L: Chicken Nuggets

S: Cashews / premier shake

D: Pot Roast

Lots of water/crystal light

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/18 9:09 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey. I am posting from a crisis intervention class. It's from 8-4 and we spent 40 minutes introducing ourselves and telling everyone a fun fact. I hate that.

It's a warm, rainy day and oh yeah I got a new kitten! She is a tortie I think they are called and is one of 5 that someone just took and dumped on my grandmother's friend's farm while they were on vacation. I named her Emma and will post pictures when I take a few.

QOTD: I have trouble sleeping anyway, but usually if I am being kept up it is worry over family issues.

B- half a bagel, cream cheese, chobani yogurt

Lunch- chicken salad with Italian dressing

Dinner-Strip steak half a sweet potato

Snacks- protein shake, roasted broad beans, pork rinds

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/9/18 1:12 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Almost evening here - busy day! My stepdaughter is here visiting and I went with DS today to pick out a kitty at the shelter. They want to do a vet check tomorrow but assuming all is good, I'll pick Lavender up tomorrow afternoon.

QOTD: Knowing that I need to do something which I have been putting off keeps me up at night these days. It used to be work stress that did it, so I guess it is now home stress?

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: Swordfish (DS cooking - yeah!)

S: homemade cottage cheese with torani syrup

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 10/10/18 4:36 am - Woburn, MA

Yesterday was a busy day! FY end at work and I'm on vacation Fri/Mon/Tues so lots to get done.

QOTD: Everything, lol. Money, family, weight, dog. I never used to be a worrier but now I am. I hate it. It changes nothing and helps no one. Can't help it though. Last night the dog did a weird reverse sneeze thing, sounded like he was choking and then panted for an hour. I was completely in a panic. It also was 8 at night and the vet closes at 9. They had two emergencies and they said if I brought him in I would have to just sit around and wait til someone was free. Well, I can do that at home since I literally live .5 miles from the vet. He ended up to be fine, but I am totally neurotic. So, of course, I slept miserably listening to make sure he was breathing, etc.

B: steel cut oats

L: weird caf soup, but it was good, lots of veg and sausage

D: 1/2 eggroll, apple crisp

E: walk, even though it's humid

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active