Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, October 12, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/12/18 5:43 am, edited 10/12/18 5:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is pouring here after two days of tropical feeling weather. This weekend is supposed to be sunny and cool. Bring on fall! We leave for a 10 day trip to visit family and go to a wedding a week from today. Lots to do before that.

Sunday we have a walk for Alzheimer's in Provincetown which is a cool town to visit. We haven't been there for a while and a lot of our friends will be there so that will be fun. And with fall-like weather, heavier sweaters can be worn.

What are you up to this weekend?

My picture is a better one of Lavender, our new family member. I alternated spending time with she and Justice yesterday so they were smelling each other and I was really enjoying her. She is a great addition to our home!

QOTD: What are your techniques/tricks to break carb cravings (if you have them)? Sometimes I?ll take a walk, but if not practical, I?ll have a drink, especially a hot one. If I really can't stand it but am trying to avoid carbs I'll eat cottage cheese or regular cheese which usually works.

2 Years 6.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 22.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: chicken sausage

S: homemade cottage cheese with torani SF syrup

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

facetedginger
on 10/12/18 6:43 am

It's feeling like fall today for sure. I've layered up and have the heat on already. It's a super busy day at work and my hydration needs to be a priority.

Miss Lavender is a beauty!

QOTD: What are your techniques/tricks to break carb cravings (if you have them)? I find that when I'm craving sugar, it's largely because I've been letting sugar creep in through other meals/snacks. Once I have sugar, my cravings drastically increase. So generally I have to look at things like, am I cooking complete meals and snacks, or am I using some prepackaged or take away? Getting back on a more comprehensive diet seems to curb the cravings.

B: Coffee

S: laughing cow pepper cheese with almond crackers

L: Steak with veggies

D: Not sure yet.

MissCheri18
on 10/12/18 9:21 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! Lavender is a beautiful Kitty, she looks very much like our Boo and Lucky they both have the black and white coloring. We got ours from the shelter, Boo was 4 months Lucky was about 2 months they have never been apart since that day, BUT that said although they love us both they have their human, Lucky is my sisters cat and Boo is mine and they pretty much make that clear LOL.

QOTD:

Week 15

Water, water, water! OK and coffee (black)

M1: Diet V8 Splash, MiraLAX

M2: SF Peppermint Mocha Coffee

M3: Blueberry Muffin (not a wise sugar/carb choice)

M4: Chicken Strips Carb-Counter Wrap

M5: Steak (probably alone really over my carb levels today)

Daily

Protein: 60g. Carb: 76g. Fiber: 29g Cal. 712

(FYI my listed carbs have not had my fiber subtracted, I do it in my head)

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

yvonnef1964
on 10/12/18 9:41 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I went to bed at 2:15 am so I was really tired this morning. I ended going back to bed for a half hour.

I didn't get my kitty last night, it turned cold and very windy so they went into hiding somewhere so now I have to wait for a sunny day, maybe tomorrow.

Qotd usually my cravings are because I let bad carbs into my diet, so if I avoid it for awhile it decreases. Try to white knuckle it and not go out and buy what I want. If I think I'm hungry and if I'll eat protein it's true hunger otherwise it head hunger.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D not sure since it's support group night, if it's bad a protein bar

Have a good day

Kristi T.
on 10/12/18 10:06 am, edited 10/12/18 3:07 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Liz, what an adorable addition to your family! Lavender and Justice will find their comfort zones before you know it!

I am sorry I have been MIA these past few months. I took a little time away, but checked in on everyone at least once a week. I have been tapering off of a pain medication I have been on for 9 years. I knew it would be rough, but I didn't imagine how much it would affect my depression. I am half way there now with a few months left of a slow taper. I wanted desperately to at least try. I see my pain doctor on Monday to discuss whether to slow it down or keep on decreasing. These past few months have given me a lot of time to research natural alternative supplements and implement them for chronic pain.

QOTD-Green tea with Earl Grey and Bergamot has really helped when I crave carbs.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-Fage 2% with 1/2 pear and walnuts

S-Tea and string cheese

D-Tuna salad w/egg

E-I still hike with Emmy everyday and will continue until the snow stops us:-)

Emmy after a long hike in the mountains, she is so tired!

I have missed everyone, have a good Friday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/12/18 11:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Beautiful doggie!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/18 11:38 am
VSG on 01/12/17

She is adorable! Glad to see you back as well, we have missed you on the boards :)

Kristi T.
on 10/13/18 10:02 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

That means a lot Mersh, thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/18 11:41 am
VSG on 01/12/17

It's a rainy, dreary afternoon here too. I got up too early (well I went to bed too early, so really what did I expect?) but will try to nap an hour or so before work since I am tired. Waiting for my dinner tonight to cook before I lay down any.

I feel like you are always so busy, Liz! Running here and running there. I hope you have fun on your trip though and that the wedding is beautiful!

QOTD: I have a protein bar, or some fruit, or if I haven't space for either of those in my calories for the day, just something to drink with crystal light.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/12/18 12:28 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are doing some traveling while we can. I'm not sure DH will be able to much longer.

Most Active