Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Monday, 10/15/18

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/18 3:02 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! It's the last day of work for me and I am tired. My crazy night Saturday wore me ragged. I think before I go home I am going to stop by the gym just to use the massage lounger!

It is cold and icy here, but tomorrow onward for about a week it's going to be up in the 60s. Love that Midwest weather!

QOTD: What flavor will you never get tired of?

Peanut butter! I can eat peanut butter flavored anything.

Breakfast- Eggs with sausage and veggies scrambled together

Lunch- Wendys chili again since I am craving it and will be out, but of cheese and a couple saltines

Dinner- Baked porkchop, summer squash

Snaaacks- protein shake, PB with banana

Kara D.
on 10/15/18 3:17 am
VSG on 03/02/15

My breakfast was my usual Greek yogurt and granola.

Lunch will be most likely a protein shake or cottage cheese

Dinner I haven't decided on, but if nothing else it will be a salad with chunk chicken and low cal/low fat dressing.

And a snack will be determined at the time. Usually something protein filled.

As for my favorite flavor, I'm not sure. I like peanut butter like you do, but I also like berry flavors such as strawberry, black berry and raspberry. Probably raspberry is my favorite.

I kept thinking about yesterdays question about stress and darker times. My hardest time was early in my diagnosis of depression, anxiety and Bipolar disorder. That was 14 years ago, but I had had the symptoms for years before so it was quite long time that I felt bad. When I was finally diagnosed, I relied on my therapists, doctor to get my meds right and journaling. Now that I've had my surgery and I feel better, I still journal but I also go to the gym or the park and walk for an hour or so. My meds have been stable for years so I don't have the down times like before.

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/18 3:21 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Going for a walk when I'm upset is a big one for me. It doesn't have to be a cardio walk, or one I want a good work out from, but being out in the sun and clean air clears my head.

Finding what works for us with depression is the whole battle. I am glad we are winning it!

Kara D.
on 10/15/18 7:41 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Walking and journaling work best for me. I've also been sitting with my SAD light every morning to help get vitamin D to improve my mood. The combination with the weight loss and stable meds has made a huge difference. I knew the weight loss would help my health, but I didn't realize how much it effects everything! My mood, energy level, patience and have increased.

And I am very glad we are winning the battle against depression also!

Kristi T.
on 10/15/18 9:00 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Sounds like you are doing all the right things Kara, I love your idea of a SAD light, I might look into that!

Kara D.
on 10/16/18 6:57 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I've used mine since September 2014. I know that because I looked on amazon.com about ordering another one when the cat knocked it off the table and the bulbs broke and it told me when I ordered last. Lol. I remembered I could order replacement bulbs from Verilux for a much cheaper price than replacing the whole thing.

I searched for SAD lights and found many companies. I chose Verilux because of the reputation and the great reviews on Amazon. My until is the $100 one and I love it. It sits on my end table by my recliner. I prop my feet up, grab my journal or Kindle Fire and spend a couple hours in the quiet.

Kristi T.
on 10/16/18 9:48 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Thank you Kara, I will look into Verilux on Amazon:-)

AnnieG522
on 10/15/18 6:22 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Our marathon of family friends from now through January 8th. It stays busy, but at a nice pace that at 66 I can manage.

Husband got in late last night from Saratoga Springs NY, where he turned 71 with his mom and sisters. (I stayed home with dogguns this time). Our friend from Spain is coming Wednesday for a quick visit, then we have Halloween, daughter's 40th, company from Utah, Company from California, Thanksgiving at younger's daughter, Advent at church, family flying in for part of Christmas, annual Christmas Chili & Weird gift night, and then the 27th we go to the beach with friends till January 8th. We've celebrated NY with them for 50 years. Not complaining. And all my shopping is done and wrapped.

QOTD: What flavor will you never get tired of? Is popcorn a flavor? Pretty much anything else I have to rotate as I like it one day and not so interested the next. Maybe Earl Gray Breakfast tea?

B: Premier Protein w lots of coffee

S: Chobani yogurt

L: Hmmmm corn tortilla with fat free turkey chili

S: Air popped popcorn

D: That's going to be a Jim thing tonight

And vitamins, biotin etc. Lots of water. And a walk in the cooler weather.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/18 7:20 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

My coffee I make in the mornings smells like popcorn. It is the weirdest thing. The off-brand powdered creamer witht he SF hazelnut smells like popcorn, and tastes like kettle corn.

facetedginger
on 10/15/18 6:54 am

Good morning!! It's the start of my work week and it appears the wintery bugs have hit full force. We are triaging left and right this morning. I really really really need to get to the gym this week. I took my 6 month comparison pictures and am floored at what 100 pounds looks like but KNOW I can (and need to) tone it up.

It's cool here, but not cold yet today. I've got lots of leggings lined up for under my scrubs when it starts getting much colder.

QOTD: What flavor will you never get tired of? Cinnamon. I love it. Cinnamon everythinggggggg is my favorite. Oh and gingerbread, but they go hand in hand, right? :)

B: SF Salted Caramel Coffee and an omelet in a jar

S: Greek Yogurt

L: Veggies with sausage

S: Nuts with cranberries

D: Wendy's Chili (It's a super long day at work)

Water, water, water

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views