Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Thursday, 10/18/18

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/18 4:52 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Morning all and happy Thursday. Week is almost over for most of you! I need to do some grocery shopping today and make sure my laundry is done up for the following three days. I hate the thought of going to work because I'll have to leave my kitties behind for my 12 hour shifts! I have this weird fear that they'll forget me!

Yesterday I finally hung up the Halloween decorations. Some orange lights, my witch wreath, a little pumpkin scare crow, and the cutest little blow up raccoon holding a "Trick or Treat!" sign that I had out last year. The lights are a bit jumbled, I bought more than I needed just to do the porch I will accept trick-or-treaters on, but that's okay. It's orange and festive.

QOTD: Are you a fan of horror? What is your favorite movie? Or, if you hate horror what is a movie you have seen that has terrified you?

My favorite movie is the original Hellraiser movie. I don't scare easy anymore, I've loved horror everything since I was a kid, so not a lot scares me as far as entertainment goes. I just enjoy the spookiness!

mmsmom
on 10/18/18 5:10 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, Mersh and all.

It's COLD here - like winter cold. Last week we had on a/c - ridiculous, lol. I'm in the office today so that means alot of time in the car, but I haven't been here in over a week so what can you do.

QOTD: Nope, hate horror movies

B: thinly sliced bagel (about half) with peanut butter

L: half a ham and cheese sub (break cored out as much as possible) with all the fun veggie toppings

D: prob leftover chicken from last night

E: walk

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/18/18 5:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Today is packing day! I just checked in for our flight to PDX. Early morning for DH tomorrow (we need to leave here at 5:15 am). Once DH is up, I need to do a last couple of loads of laundry. I think I will use the bed to stage everything and begin rolling (that's how I pack to reduce wrinkles). Having to travel with wedding clothes including a suit which fits a 6'2" man is a challenge!

QOTD: I really don't like horror movies as they give me the creeps, though youngest DD loves them. I am absolutely old because the two movies that scared me the most were Jaws when the girl is swimming at night and gets munched, and the Exorcist when the girls head spins all the way around.

2 Years 6.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 22.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken

D: Leftover crab and burger

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jess Says Yes
on 10/19/18 9:42 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Enjoy your trip Liz! I hope it goes smoothly. I absolutely love Portland!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

yvonnef1964
on 10/18/18 8:04 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Another early appointment but now home with Misty curled up on my lap until I have to go to work shortly.

Qotd not really into horror movies. The movie that scared me when it first came out was Fright Night.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D pork loin roast and carrots

Have a good day

facetedginger
on 10/18/18 10:08 am, edited 10/18/18 5:37 am

Good afternoon all!

DH is still very sick and I'm anxious as we've already committed to a charity ride this weekend that I don't want to back out on. Working a late shift today so I'm super unprepared with food for the day and the shift ahead of me left alllllll their work so I'm playing catch up feverishly but wanted to pop on for a min.

Had my 6 month post-op blood draw this morning.... lots and lots and lots of blood so hopefully it's very thorough. Can't wait to get my results in a few weeks.

B: Bucket of coffee

S: Nuts and cranberries

L: Chicken breast

S: Protein shake

D: No idea (Last night I made pork chops and they were very very good. I have a few more in the freezer I may cook up tonight.)

QOTD: Are you a fan of horror? What is your favorite movie? Or, if you hate horror what is a movie you have seen that has terrified you? Not anymore!! I saw every horror film I could until I was about 17 and had a panic attack during one and haven't been able to watch any since.

AnnieG522
on 10/18/18 10:09 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Wonderful day! Our Spanish son, Lucio, arrived safely although has a return flight to Munich and back to Spain today....but so good to see him!

QOTD: Are you a fan of horror? What is your favorite movie? OMG YES!!!! The original Haunting of Hill House with Julie Christie....and IT. My girls and I have read probably every horror book, good bad and poorly written -- and most films, including Swamp Vampire Zombies.

B: 1 scrambled egg, 1/2 piece bacon, 1/4 C hash browns coffee with Premier protein shake

L: Homemade tortellini and marinara with green salad

D; Chobani yogurt

S: Nap????

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Kristi T.
on 10/18/18 10:42 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Don't worry Mersh, the kitties won't forget you:-) They will greet you like you have been gone for months!!

QOTD-I used to love horror movies! Hellraiser, Candyman and Pet Cemetery were a few of my favorites. I can'****ch horror movies anymore, they make me too nervous. I used to read all the horror books back in the 80's as well.

B-1/3 cup granola, coffee

L-2% Fage with 1/2 pear and walnuts

S-Hot tea, string cheese

D-Not sure yet

E-Hike with Emmy

Have a good Thursday!

Cathy H.
on 10/18/18 10:57 am, edited 10/18/18 3:59 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Today begins the first in several trips to the dentist to fix my teeth. I am so excited...NOT!! LOL And so expensive; I have dental insurance but like all dental insurance it pretty much sucks. Overall looking at $2000-$3000 worth of work...oh, joy--oh, rapture. LOL

QOTD: Not just no, but hell no! I hate horror movies, blood and guts of any kind, and especially how a lot of horror movies mess with your mind. I saw The Exorcist after it first came out...it took a couple of years to get my small town, and I was 16. It gave me nightmares for 2 months, and 52 years later, I still have to hurriedly switch the channel if I see a commercial for it (the scene where her soul is scratching "HELP ME" from the inside did me in). The last "horror" movie I watched that was just a good, old- fashioned scare the pants off you without screwing with your head or all the grossness was "Ghost Story" in 1981. I tried to watch "Constantine" several years ago...got 5 minutes in and said "NOPE!" and turned it off! Give me a good action movie or 1940s romantic comedy any day!

B: Yogurt w/crunchy peanut butter, coffee w/cream and xylitol

L: Salad of half spring mix/half spinach, vinaigrette dressing

D: Two-egg omelet with bacon and cheddar cheese

Water and vites on track

E: Walking

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Jess Says Yes
on 10/19/18 9:53 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys! This week has gone much better for me although I'm still adjusting to the return of carbs that inevitably accompanies a vegetarian diet. Getting complete protein through plants takes more effort, but I'm committed (and my morning protein shake definitely helps). I just have to learn to deal with the carb cravings that accompany this choice.

QOTD: NOPE. I am a scaredy-cat and so sensitive, so I typically stay very far away from horror. A Quiet Place and Get Out were two psychological thrillers I decided it was worth it to watch. Both were fantastic and both scared the $#*! out of me.

B - coffee and protein

L - chickpea and quinoa tabbouleh

D - more tabbouleh (it's soooo good I'll have more for lunch tomorrow!)

S - protein bar

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views