5 weeks out!( Doing good)

jrbushey1234
on 10/22/18 11:19 am
VSG on 09/18/18

Sometimes a lot of these posts can be about many of the bad issues that have happened.

I would just like to talk a little bit about mine. I had my surgery 9/18/2018 and had the standard, pain and discomfort you would expect from surgery I am a big baby so probably worse for me then others, minimal gas pain.

I was able to drink 64 oz of water by day 4 out of surgery, and i was very pleased about that.

GERD has not hit me, and I hope it never does, my nutritionist says it would have already been felt by now, granted I am on a prescription zantac.

So far everything has gone pretty smoothly, with a some light headed times after standing.

I am back to exercising, treadmill and elliptical, I have not went back to ketllebell just yet, as my own nerves make me think ill be in pain.

Wish you all have good luck.

What I ate today:

Turkey Sausage, and a poached egg

Half of a lean cuisine, and string cheese

Crab, and steamed peas.

74 oz of water

VSGmimi2018
on 10/26/18 7:39 pm
VSG on 10/22/18

Great job!! Im just on week one, but am looking forward to finding the positive things as well!

epullen49
on 10/26/18 9:15 pm
RNY on 10/12/18

I had my surgery on oct. 12. At first I was doing good. Now I'm not. Now I'm throwing up and I feel nauseous. I'm supposed to be on protein drinks which also make me nauseous. I try to drink water, chicken broth and powerade. My stomach doesn't seem to hold and I just throw up. I'm miserable. What should I do. Answers from anyone is helpful.

Katonah
on 10/28/18 5:51 pm
VSG on 09/27/18

Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm 4 weeks out and have trouble when I eat to fast and don't chew enough. Had no problems in the liquid and pureed food stage. I really like the Premier Protein Chocolate, other flavors are too sweet for me. Talk to your doctor and ask for some nausea medicine.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views