36Katt’s Posts

36Katt
on 8/15/17 7:37 am
Topic: RE: Vitamins

My nut provided me with the offer from Celebrate that I faxed to them and I placed an order for the protein sample kit from Unjury and they offered to send a sample of their vitamins. I would call Celebrate and others to request samples. You're only sampling the taste because you can't be sure which will work for you with just a sample.

36Katt
on 8/14/17 12:41 pm
Topic: RE: Vitamins

My surgery is August 17th. My surgeon gave me a list of approved vitamins I opted for Centrum Chewables for my multi-vitamin as it's closest compared to Bariatrac Advantage, I have to get a sublingual B12, and Tums for calcium. I'm questioning the Tums since it's calcium carbonate and my NUT says calcium citrate is a better option for absorption. I plan to follow my surgeon's plan and see how my labs go afterwards.

Celebrate and Unjury both sent me free samples and they taste good.

36Katt
on 4/19/17 11:50 am
Topic: RE: Christmas In April?!

That's So Awesome! Congratulations and speedy recovery!

36Katt
on 4/18/17 10:40 am
Topic: RE: BCBS University of Texas

Are you in Texas? Both of those comorbidities are listed for my plan as well but being diagnosed and taking medication is not enough for them. Your BMI of 40 should be enough. Good luck.

36Katt
on 4/18/17 10:30 am

If my BMI was 40 under my plan I would've been approved. . I guess. I wouldn't be required to also have a comorbidity. Good luck to you.

36Katt
on 4/17/17 11:16 am

I have appealed once and planning my second appeal now I'm afraid of being denied again and wanted to know if anyone else was denied and didn't mind sharing what it took to get BCBS's approval.

36Katt
on 4/17/17 10:53 am

I may have to try. The problem is my BP is controlled by medication which is in their policy that is has to be uncontrolled and no one from BCBS can tell me what that means.

36Katt
on 4/17/17 5:02 am

Does anyone have this insurance and had a BMI 35-40 with a co-morbidity and still denied? I was denied because my BP is controlled by best practice medical management (a pill a day) so I'm trying to figure out how to get it approved since I don't feel taking a pill everyday is controlled.

My surgeon's office has asked me to go back to my PCP and have him say somewhere in my medical record that my BP is not controlled but I don't think that he will.

36Katt
on 3/24/17 6:31 am
Topic: RE: Co-Morbidity????

BCBSTX with UT System require one co-morbidity with BMI 35-40 however I was still denied because they say my disease, hypertension, is controlled by best practice medical management. Meaning just take a pill everyday. Has anyone heard this before?

Most Active