22bee22’s Posts

22bee22
on 6/14/18 7:51 pm
Topic: RE: Pre-op Appointment Question!

Humm! I've done all that. Maybe my office does it differently?

22bee22
on 6/14/18 7:50 pm

Yep! I've done all my requirements and my insurance approved everything. Apparently this seems kinda odd that I don't have a surgery date ?????

22bee22
on 6/14/18 1:53 pm

How long after your pre-op appointment was your surgery scheduled for?

My pre-op appointment is June 28 and I'm wondering how soon after that I'll have surgery! I feel like it's going to be like another month out!! :,( Everything's already been approved and the nurse told me to start my pre-op diet when she called me on June 11 to schedule my pre-op appointment. So I'm currently on day 3 of my pre-op diet with no surgery date. Supposedly I was only suppose to be on a 2 week pre-op diet but considering my appointment to even schedule surgery is further out than two weeks looks like I'll be on it for much longer :/

Thanks in advance!

p.s. is the pre-op appointment anything other than picking a surgery date and signing consent forms?

22bee22
on 3/25/18 4:15 pm
Topic: RE: 9 months since Surgery

That is so awesome! Congrats!

22bee22
on 3/25/18 1:03 pm
Topic: RE: Hairloss?

I was just diagnosed when I had to do my lab work just a couple months ago :) the hair loss has slowed now, but for a good 2 years it was falling out (also didn't help that I had a baby 2 years ago as well!)

22bee22
on 3/24/18 7:50 pm
Topic: RE: 10 months in, still awesome!

You look great! Good work!!

22bee22
on 3/24/18 7:45 pm
Topic: RE: Hairloss?

Just started noticing recently some people talk about hair loss around 3 months out. This is the first that I have heard about this! Anyone with some personal input on this? What's the cause of this and is it avoidable? I'm worried because I was already losing a lot due to hypothyroidism :( I'd imagine the weight loss makes it all worth it but I'm wondering why no one on my medical team has mentioned it to me?

Thanks guys! You're all so wonderful and helpful :D

22bee22
on 3/24/18 7:34 pm
Topic: RE: Goal Weight?

That's awesome! I would love to have similar results. Congrats!

22bee22
on 3/19/18 6:11 pm
Topic: RE: Goal Weight?

Do you guys think that 130 lbs is a good goal weight for me? When my surgeon asked me what I wanted to weigh I hesitated and answered how I thought she'd want me to answer so I said 150, now my head has been stuck with that number but I'd really love to weigh 130, since 150 is still considered overweight at my height! I am 25 years old, and I am 5'4" and my current weight is 262, with my highest weight around 270. I just don't want to set a completely unrealistic goal, and I think I suffer from body dysphoria so it's hard for me and I get so caught up in numbers! :(

22bee22
on 3/19/18 6:01 pm
Topic: RE: Weightloss Requirement Before Surgery

Hey! Sounds like our journeys are on very similar timelines! I too am on my 3rd month with the dietitian, 3 more to go! The very first appointment I had was with my surgeon and she said it'd be great if I could lose 20 lbs on my own, but it seemed as though like it was more of a suggestion and not a HAVE to. The dietitian hasn't mentioned that number since, but I am down 8 lbs so maybe that's why? I'm sure if there were any requirements that were a must they would have told you right away!

22bee22
on 1/3/18 8:19 pm
Topic: RE: TSH Levels Really High, Anyone Have Experience with this?

Last month I started the insurance required 6 month process of getting a sleeve done. I had my lab work done and I received a call back today with the results. She told me that my TSH (a thyroid hormone from my understanding) levels are really high, and that I also have a vitamin D deficiency. I'm only 25 and I knew I have not felt well for maybe 2 years now, but I always blamed my weight for everything!! Now all my miserable symptoms are starting to make sense after reading more and more about this. I guess i'm just looking for some real life support from others that have experience in this and a few Q's. I am starting medication tomorrow but the doctor didn't request to see me right away, she wants to see me in 6 weeks. Is this odd?? I've read there are different stages to this and with my TSH levels already being so high i'm worried it's already done damage to me. Does anyone know if my weight caused this to begin with? I have gained 65 lbs in 2 years and have not changed a single thing from my day to day eating. Will this effect me being qualified for surgery??? Even if I get the surgery will it still be very difficult for me to lose weight?? I am hoping this medications i'm starting will make it easier to lose weight, but I just don't have much hope right now.

Thank you for taking your time reading this

22bee22
on 10/29/17 7:03 am
Topic: RE: How long from the time you called to the day you had surgery did it take?

Anyone have experience through Medicaid, seems to be everywhere I'm reading that they require a 6-month medical weight loss program to be followed. Kind of a bummer reading that but it is what it is!

22bee22
on 10/28/17 9:11 pm
Topic: RE: How long from the time you called to the day you had surgery did it take?

I know everyone's story is different but I'd love to get a very general idea of maybe what to expect as far as timing goes. I just made the phone call on Friday but they didn't answer, and I'm assuming I'll get a call back on Monday and I'm just way to excited to even start this process!

I would really LOVE to get it done before summer '18 just because I work A LOT during the summer so I wanna try and do it on my "down time", I'm hoping before May '18...

So how long did it take YOU from start to finish?

Most Active