ajmsp8879’s Posts

ajmsp8879
on 11/20/17 12:46 am
Topic: RE: Medica Insurance in Minnesota?

Thanks for the helpful info everyone. I suppose I should preface the GERD comment with the fact that it isn't a daily occurrence... It's triggered by certain foods like coffee and spicy. My primary areas of concern are the sleep apnea and joint pain from the weight. I would prefer not to go the bypass route due to the malabsorption. I take medication for depression that I have been stable on since 2008. I'd rather not have that messed with.

I plan on just going to straight to the surgeon instead of the GP. They have info sessions where one can learn more.

ajmsp8879
on 11/10/17 4:03 pm
Topic: RE: When the **** hits the fan

Stay strong. You're in my thoughts. I lost everything in a fire several years ago. I can only imagine what you are going through. Practice good self-care.

ajmsp8879
on 11/10/17 3:28 pm
Topic: RE: Medica Insurance in Minnesota?

Hello all,

I'm starting the journey towards the sleeve. I'm been a yo-yo dieter since college. I'm going to be 40 this year, and diets just don't help anymore. I'm on a CPAP for obstructive sleep apnea, have GERD, my joints hurt, and I just feel like poo most of the time. I realize I'm a lower BMI than some, but I'd really like to liver long enough to be a grandfather and great grandfather! Bariatric surgery is covered by my employer, but does anyone know anything about the Medica approval process. I'm going to my GP next month to discuss this further. I'm a little nervous, because I havent seen him in 2 years. My last weigh in with him was 190, because I was on a meat and cheese diet. How much weight history will they need? I realize I'm in this for the long haul, but I feel sort of lost on how to even start. Do I start with my GP, or just make an appointment with a surgeon right away?? Ugh!

Most Active