2breakfree’s Posts

2breakfree
on 8/29/16 3:46 pm
Topic: RE: I'm back...weight gain in tow!

You are not alone. There are many of us that struggle with weight gain. Once the honeymoon period is over from our surgery and great weight loss, life becomes real. Bad habits and food triggers slowing a merge. Look into a twelve step program to try to get to the root. We have addiction to flour, sugar and wheat. Check out OA, FA, or FAA. Find a support group. Once again you are not alone. I am in the same boat. I know what I need to do, yet I can't seem to make it through a day without screwing up. People tell me One day at a time. I believe  it's more One Meal at a time.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change and the courage to change the things I can. Above all the wisdom to know the difference    
2breakfree
on 8/28/16 5:09 pm
Topic: RE: FA/ OAA Need to cage this monster!

A very Big Thank you to all of you for your support. I knew this was the place to find answers. It's like coming home. I will find a new sponsor and I will listen to OA podcasts what a great idea. Feeling inspired ?

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change and the courage to change the things I can. Above all the wisdom to know the difference    
2breakfree
on 8/27/16 2:20 pm
Topic: RE: Self sabotage

I have gone to a couple Food addicts in recovery meetings. The food plan is a lot!! but it appears to be a twelve step program to help us understand. Kind of like counseling. Kay Sheppard I'm reading right now " From the First Bite". I  am praying to get this right. Surgery and the honeymoon after for a couple years was amazing. So sad that I have allowed the bad stuff back in. I do know that my sleeve still has restriction, it's just me putting crap into my system. Sounds like counseling is helping you keep up the good work.

2breakfree
on 8/27/16 2:14 pm
Topic: RE: FA/ OAA Need to cage this monster!

I continue to struggle. A friend of mine suggested going to a food addicts meeting and work a twelve step program. I went to the meeting sounded exactly what I might need. After calling a sponsor and getting the meal plan. I started it and had constant foamies....... when I spoke with her regarding the amount of food on this plan. She got a little gruff and said that I didn't want the plan to work. I tried to explain that I had a sleeve and she just said " you have to eat all the food on the plan, just as the plan is written" well I just could not eat three times a day and get that amount of food in. Has anyone out there had experience working with being addicted to food?

2breakfree
on 2/29/16 8:06 am
Topic: RE: resleeved

Hi, I totally understand and was thinking the same thing. No one ever said anything about needing a revision on this website. I have heard of plenty of people who unfortunately have gained their weight back even with the RNY. I do know this was and continues to be a tool not a guarantee. I also know that my sleeve still works at times, I still get frothy at times and pain with over eating; however I have also learned that if I eat a cookie or another slider food the pain goes away. Which is horribly WRONG !!!. I am at my highest weight since 12/11 also at 186. I am sad and frustrated with myself.  I am interested in hearing about the possibility of a revision.

2breakfree
on 2/29/16 7:51 am
Topic: RE: In need of some tough LOVE!!

Thank you so much for your response. I agree with counseling and continued life style change 

2breakfree
on 11/22/15 5:10 pm
Topic: RE: In need of some tough LOVE!!

I am so depressed and beating myself up. I have my VSG in dec 2011. My lowest weight was 165. I never reached my goal of 150 :(. I maintained my weight until this past winter/spring/summer. I had several foot and leg surgeries and was non weight bearing for 8 weeks. The pain has been unbelievable at times. My son and his wife seperataed which for someone reason caused me great heartache and depression. I love them both so much and she was such a great friend/ daughter. Well now I'm making excuses. I have gained 20 pounds since March!!! :( I was eating cookies and drinking diet Pepsi to address my inward pain. Help Help HELP How do I get back on track and will I ever reach goal?

0 Comments

2breakfree
on 9/6/14 9:30 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha Eating Today VSGers??? Saturday!!

What type of protein bar do you like? I like oh yeah but not sure they are great for me

2breakfree
on 6/21/14 11:05 am
Topic: RE: 6 1/2 years out and need advice

I understand your frustration, I am 3 years out and never reached goal. I have just started the plan over reading over my physician recommendations. I am starting from 800 calories, under 25 carbs, over 70 protein and at least 100 oz of h20.. The past two days have been Horrible!!! Good luck 

2breakfree
on 6/21/14 10:59 am
Topic: RE: Frisco-Leftover Makeover- Zoodles !!!

How did you spiral the zucchini so thin?

2breakfree
on 6/11/14 2:30 am
Topic: RE: Reboot

Do you think that four days of protein shakes and liquids will reboot my weight-loss? Will it detox my carb cravings? I have four days off in a row that I can devote totally to myself and getting my program back on track. Does anyone have any other ideas that they'd like to share?

2breakfree
on 5/26/14 10:52 am
Topic: RE: anyone with strictures on the sleeve

I am having an ultrasound this week. What are your symptoms?

2breakfree
on 5/26/14 10:50 am
Topic: RE: Foamies and dinner - not a good day :(

I still get the foams at times even 2 years out .

2breakfree
on 5/18/14 4:58 am
Topic: RE: Sliders

Thank you, do you eat any type of fruit thought out the day?

2breakfree
on 5/18/14 3:28 am

Two and half years. I have maintained the same weight now 16 months. :( never did reach my goal. My surgeon, said most people lose 60-90 pounds. I am down 68 :) would love to reach my goal which is another 25 pounds. My weight won't go down at this point for some strange reason.

2breakfree
on 5/18/14 3:06 am
Topic: RE: Anybody got any info about a nutribullet?

What are you mixing in with your shakes?

2breakfree
on 5/18/14 3:03 am

As anyone noticed that mixing your protein ( chicken, turkey ...) on top of a green salad makes you feel hungry earlier? Could veggies be a slider food?

2breakfree
on 4/28/14 4:44 am
Topic: RE: Three years tomorrow!

Relations on your three years! I am really interested in that anti-inflammatory diet you were using or are currently using I'm having the same problem going up and down up and down and I am two and half years out. Is there a website or meal plan that you subscribe to that I would have the opportunity to look at? Once again congratulations!

2breakfree
on 4/14/14 8:55 am
Topic: RE: Fatigue almost 3 years post VSG

I have hypothyroidism, have had it for years. Do you still get your labs drawn and if so what ones do you have drawn

2breakfree
on 4/14/14 7:36 am
Topic: RE: Fatigue almost 3 years post VSG

I have battling fatigue and very low energy for the past 6 months. Anyone have any suggestions? I had my VSG in 2011. I see my PCP in one month for a physical.

2breakfree
on 3/25/14 10:43 am
Topic: RE: Adhesion

Has anyone developed adhesions after surgery? If so what were your symptoms and treatment?

2breakfree
on 1/26/14 10:16 pm
Topic: RE: Need to cage this monster

After several months of carb creeping.. I have gained 7 pounds :( Need to put this monster back in its cage... Anyone have ideas on how to cage this monster quickly? 2 1/2 years post sleeve

2breakfree
on 1/26/14 8:27 am
Topic: RE: moderation is a "creepy" word

Thank you, for this post. I have found that moderation is my down fall. I have  should have stuck to abstinence because now I have gained some back and my cravings are outrageous :(   I have never reached my goal and I beat myself up frequently for failing even with my sleeve.

How do I get back on track ? Any suggestions on how to cleanse from carbs again?

2breakfree
on 1/10/14 1:55 am
Topic: RE: Carbonated Beverages

Do carbonated beverages change your restrictions ?

2breakfree
on 4/20/13 10:52 pm
Topic: RE: Change of mindset

That's awesome.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views