How does this work?

Cheri C.
on 3/22/06 2:58 pm - Juneau, AK
I've never been to this particular messageboard before. I am still pre-op and just in the last month or so have started walking for exercise. A friend gave me a treadmill a few weeks ago. I've been doing between 1-2 miles five days per week on it. Do I just set a goal for myself and log in as often as I can with how I am progressing toward that goal? I think this messageboard will be a good motivator to keep me walking. Glad you're here. Cheri
Tracy B
on 3/25/06 12:39 pm - Erie, PA
HI Cheri! Yep, we just set a goal for the month and then log in when we walk, how far, how many more miles to our goal, etc. Glad you're joining us!!! Good Luck!!! Tracy B 328/156 5'9"
Cheri C.
on 3/25/06 1:33 pm - Juneau, AK
Thanks, Tracy I'm just learning about walking, how far and how fast I should be going, that sort of thing. I've finally got the heartrate thing figured out. Most articles I read on walking talk about walking like 3.7 - 4 mph....Sheesh..I'm lucky if I can do 2.5 for 30 minutes. But I realize, like weight loss, we are all different and that the more I walk the faster and longer I'll be able to go. You look like you've done great on your WLS journey. Cheri
Most Active