Recent Posts

lorraneedstolose
on 4/26/11 12:35 pm
Topic: need walking partner in bloomsburg PA area
i am looking for a walking partner that lives reasonably close in bloomsburg PA, any takers?
lorra mom of 5, grandma to 2
we all need to make the time to take care of ourselves first.

doriemanhart
on 8/22/08 9:23 am - virginia beach, VA
Topic: looking for more WLP to walk with me at Mt. Trashmore virgina beach
I am looking for more ppl that want to get out and get moving the more the marrier.  I want to get alot of us together to start walking on a daily basis.  It feels good after you do it and i have got to say i hav done a great job of doing it myself this week i have made myself go and do it and i am glad i did so let me know if you want to go and lets set it up

DianaB.
on 5/22/08 12:05 am - Edmond, OK
Topic: Walking group in NWOKC or Edmond???
I am looking for walking buddies in the NWOKC or Edmond areas. I can walk early in the mornings and would love to finds someone to walk with. I like to walk 2 to 3 miles a day.
missmeliss
on 8/5/07 1:19 pm
Topic: New Here! New Goals!
I need to get back into the habit! I have been slacking off all summer. So here are my goals for August starting tomorrow...I WILL start tomorrow! Goal for August: 50 miles I just need to start believing in myself that I can do this!
ateeyah
on 10/14/06 7:42 am - Canada
Topic: Walking Partner in SUrrey BC Canada
Hello - I am looking for someone to walk regularly with me that lives in my area Surrey, BC Canada. Please contact me at [email protected] Thank you
JeremyGentles
on 8/7/06 4:08 am - Johnson City, TN
Topic: New Exercise and Fitness Forum to open today
Later this afternnoon the Exercise and Fitness message board will be converted to the new format used on the main message board. The new Exercise and Fitness Forum will consist of many great articles, illustrated exercise programs and much more. Unfortunately, the posts currently found within this message board will not be converted at this time, but there will be a new section within the new message board to post on the this particular topic. I look forward to seeing you all there.
Ramona_Lisa
on 7/31/06 8:15 pm - Ramona, CA
Topic: Newbie sets walking goals for AUG '06
Hi, My name's Lisa and I'm brand new to the site. I have 1 week to go before surgery. I know we get up and moving after the first four hrs..and I hope it'll get easier day by day so that not long POST-Op I can increase my goals and expectations. I want to pledge: a mile a day this week before surgery. For the rest of AUG: at LEAST 15 more miles. Currently, walking is painful for my joints. I tire pretty quickly. I'm excited about walking a lot more again, but I'll take it step by step and see how it goes. Can't wait to feel my stamina increase! "Ramona- Lisa" (ie. from Ramona, CA)
TYSHEA PERKINS
on 4/25/06 2:49 pm - Sicklerville, NJ
Topic: I need your sponsorship!!!!
Hey Fellow Walkers I am doing my first walkathon on Sunday, April 30 for the March of Dimes. It's a small walkathon only 6.5 miles, but its a start. I am going to try to do more once I get this first one under my belt. I have really been enjoying exercising and I figuired why not exercise for a cause. I am asking anyone that can help, sponsor me by making a monetary pledge. Here is my link to my walkamerica page, if you like to pledge anything - http://www.walkamerica.org/TPERKINS123 And if you cant offer a monetary donation, I would still appreciate if you sign my support page for encouragement. I appreciate any donations that are given. Tyshea Perkins - Remember only you can make you happy!!!! 315/162/150
Carrie Stockwell
on 4/24/06 3:18 am - Dublin, CA
Topic: Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
115 lbs ago... I walked 60 miles in the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in So Cal in 2002. That was quite an challenge at weighing over 300 lbs! My motivations were two of my mom's best friends; Diane and Pam. Diane had recently died of Breast Cancer and Pam was new victim. Training for the walk was not easy. But, when I found myself complaining I would think of Pam and Diane and all the pain they went through with drugs and treatment. All I had to do was get through was the next mile and maybe some blisters...big deal. Their pain was much more. Today, I celebrate Pam for she has been CANCER FREE for FIVE years! This summer, on July 8-9, I'll spend the weekend walking 39 miles. Now I plea for your support in another Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in San Francisco. This will be my third year participating in this event (walking twice, crewing once). To all of you who have supported me in past walks, you have my deepest thanks. As strange as it may sound, when you've been walking for a full day and your feet are on fire and you wonder how you can walk one more step, much less several more miles it really does keep you going when you think about all the people who believe in you and support you... Right now I need your help. All you have to do is write a *check. I'm not asking for much...$5 or $10. Don't think you can afford that? Bring you lunch to work for one day and donate that money you would spend for lunch or that latte on your way to work. Ask your friends or co-workers for $1 and see how much you can collect. Empty the change from your pockets for a week, you'd be surprised to see how it adds up! Every dollar counts. If you can afford more...Great! I'm not asking you to break the bank. I'm asking you to help me save a life. That life could be yours or of a loved one. You can also donate online directly through my Walk Page by clicking on the link below. http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?px=1037821&pg=personal&fr_id=1190&s_taf Id=55226 All donations are tax deductible. I truly appreciate your support. Sincerely, Carrie Stockwell To donate by *Mail: Please be sure to write my name and PARTICIPANT number on your check- **Carrie Stockwell #652591** Payable to : Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Address: Avon Foundation PO Box 742509 Cincinnati, OH 45724-2509
little-bitty
on 4/22/06 2:32 am - Mill Spring, NC
Topic: walking forum
I want in, How does it work Is it the begining of each month you say how many miles you want to walk that month? Then log in daily or what this would be a great motivater. Thanks Brenda
Most Active