Waterskiing WOW moment

HopefulFuture
on 12/30/08 2:01 am - Boston, MA
Hello Waterskiing Forum,

My name is Lisa.  I've never posted to this board before, and I'm not even sure anyone out there will see this post, but just in case, I figured who better than the Waterskiing Forum to post this for...

I Just got back from Florida and I have a major WOW moment to share :)  I used to waterski when I was younger (started at age 10) and I got good enough to be able to ski one ONE ski!  More recently though, all the extra weight made it very difficult to ski and after having a series of ankle injuries (unrelated to waterskiing), I had to give it up :(  Anyway, it had been years since I had gone waterskiing and I decided to give it a try on Saturday in Florida.  Not only was I able to ski, but I was able to get up on ONE ski again.  My boyfriend Adam, came in the boat and took pictures and I posted a few on my profile if anyone wants to have a look :)  And keep in mind, it's not as easy as it may look ;)  -- it took me an entire summer when I was younger to learn how to ski on one ski.  I absolutely love waterskiing so I can't even begin to explain the amazing feeling I had on Saturday behind the boat.  A few years ago, I thought I may not ever ski again.  Although there have been so many wonderful moments along this journey, this was definitely one of the most incredible for me so far.

If anyone out there is reading this, please say hello :)

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics