I'm Back

StesPaige
on 4/20/05 5:53 am - Allen Park, MI
After having all kinds of problems with this computer I finally got it right. Yesterday was a very bad day, my birthday(getting up in years) a week of not losing any more weight and just general down in the dumps. Then my husband came home from work in tears. He drives an ice cream truck right now and something (I have to say thing cuz' I can't curse) ignored the stop sign on his truck and going very fast passed the stopped truck and hit a little girl throwing her into a field next to where the house was he was stopped at. He waited for the EMS and Police and fortunately got the licence number and gave it to the police but unfortunately it doesn't help the little girl. The EMS told him she was DOA. He can't help feeling it was his fault. I've tried a comfort bubble and my sister in Texas and my brother who we live with is helping but he needs more. Please light a candle for him, his name is Jim. He's taking this very hard. Thanx for the help. Blessed Be, Stes It's been almost 5 months and 77 #'s starting at 354#'s
MagickalMom
on 4/21/05 1:54 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
OH MY GODDESS---- That is terrible! Where did it happen? When I used to take that road (evergreen or something like that) just as you get off of the expressway to cut over to Pelhem (I used to drive to and from HFCC and Wyandotte everyday) and I used to see folks fly by ice cream trucks and school buses! How terrible! I feel so bad for your hubby and the little girl's family! I will definitly light a candle for Jim and send him any energy that I can spare. I will be at a festival this weekend, would you mind if I mention the story during ritual there and see how much energy we can drum up for both of your families? Man, I hope that your weekend brings you some good suprises, it really sounds like you guys need it! Dispite everything that has happened, have a happy birthday girl! We all know that this journey is a difficult one and we need all the love and support that we can get! You can make it through this plataeu and through this tragedy! From one "Downriver Girl" to another; Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/195/146 BMI- 44.1/33.5/25 Height- 5'4" Total Weight Loss: -62 lbs. Surgery Date- 1/19/05 Visit my OH profile or stop by My Weight Loss Journey Website at: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney
StesPaige
on 4/21/05 7:39 am - Allen Park, MI
All help appreciated. Yes please spread the word he's really taking it very hard. It happened on a side street in Garden City. The next day the parents were gone. The house they were living in, empty. The neighbors told him that they had made it a crack house and were evicted. That doesn't soften the blow but I guess it was a matter of time. When it happened the father was drunk and the mother was so stoned she just yelled at the girl to get up and stop being a cry baby, maybe it was grief, but the neighbors didn't seem to think so, which made the whole thing even worse for him. He was able to get some sleep last night. I guess it's gonna take time. Where are you from in this area? I've been true to my heritage(Croatian the true gypsies)and moved within this area about 40 times. Originally I was born in Port Huron, up north an hours drive but have lived in this area since I was 4. Now my baby lives in Port Huron and works for SBC. Well the youngest one I gave birth to. Oh yea, while I was growing up my father took us to summer camp with him every year too, he was a Major in the Army. Thanx and Blessed Be, Stes (a nickname I got in junior high)
MagickalMom
on 4/21/05 4:22 pm - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Well I was born in Wyandotte and lived there until I was 2 1/2. Then we moved to Brownstown Twp. (over by Southland Mall) and my folks still live there. I went to Woodhaven High School, Wayne County Community College, Central Michigan University (lived in Mt. Pleasant for a year), and just a few years ago I moved "back home" for a small break from the Army (while hubby was deployed) for a year and a half and went to HFCC while I was there. Hubby (mine is Jim) lived in Garden City, then Brownstown, then Woodhaven! My son was born at Wyandotte Hospital! LOL! SO we are a whole Downriver family even though the army has had us staioned here in TN/KY for the last decade! LOL! Jamie
Most Active