Recent Posts

lbsadropping
on 9/4/09 10:31 pm - Crofton, MD
Topic: RE: Screw top
Its coming and it is the future.  Cork is getting to expensive and scarce. Plastic corks are to plastic looking.  Screw tops are easy and less expensive.
I spoke with a couple of vineyard owners in MD and VA and they are going to screw caps.
The stigma will pass.  In fact many are changing the size and shape of their bottles. After all bouquet, color, taste is just the begining to the buzz, and most wine drinkers bypass the first two.
What temperture/humidity  is your wine cellar???  See what I mean??  LOL
good luck
kareninflorida
on 9/4/09 1:20 pm - Rockledge, FL
Topic: Red or white?
I hope some of the OH oenophiles find their way to this forum so we can discuss all things vino.  So what is your favorite type of wine?

I love reds, and the bolder, the better.  I can't really call myself an oenophile; I'm really more of a novice.  But to coin a phrase, I don't know much about wine, but I know what I like.  And that is specifically the Spanish reds.  Admittedly, I've only tried reds from the North/Northwest region, but so far I've enjoyed what I've tried.  I love tempranillos, malbecs, cabs, and blends, as long as they've got plenty of tannins.  Yum!

drinking wine smiley
495                                       358                       195
Surgery/high weight       Current weight    Goal weight
8/17/09                             09/19/10

PoohPahDoo
on 1/23/06 11:08 am - Tacoma, WA
Screw top does not mean cheap wine! But the perception out there says it does. You should maybe research it on the internet - see if you can find something where wineries are going to them - then print it out and give it with the wine. There are some arguments that it makes for a better bottle of wine.
Suzzanne D.
on 12/3/05 6:56 am - Strongsville, OH
Topic: RE: Can we or can't we?
Hello everyone! My name is Suzza and I had GBS August of 2003. I have lost 161#'s and feel pretty good. I recently had some plastics done. I love wine and my husband and I love to go to local wineries and taste. I do drink wine but I am a cheap date though! 1/2 glass and I am snockered. But like someone else said, sip slowly, eat snacks with and enjoy. Nothing like the mellowness that comes from a good red, in front of the fire with dear friends and loved ones. It's not necessary to give things up if we are all willing to modify. That is the key. Take care and drink up. Suzza
Marty F
on 10/6/05 2:25 am - Midcities, TX
I agree with you....I know that a lot of good wineries are looking at the screw tops...less chance of leaking and spoiling, but I don't like it!!! I love wine and there's something about the whole "experience" of removing the cork that is part of anticipation of enjoying the bottle! I would rather see the wineries going to the synthetic corks and/or putting a foil seal around the top as added protection than lowering the "quality" of the packaging with a screw top! Marty
AndreaA
on 10/5/05 11:06 am
Topic: Screw top
I ordered futures last spring at a winery in Russian River Valley during the barrel tasting weekend. It came today-- with SCREW TOPS! I was flabbergasted. Can't give those away as a gift now. How do you feel about this controversial issue. If someone gave you a screw top wine (by the way this was not a cheap bottle), what would you think?
NadineM
on 9/27/05 9:17 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Can we or can't we?
Hello All, My Dr. said it was fine when I was 2 months after and I had my 1 yr Anniversary. She said not to over do it and it was ok once in awhile. I have had a glass a wine once a week after about 4 months and have never had an issue. I know am past my 1 year mark and down 100# and feel great and enjoy a glass or two 2-3 week with dinner..... Just test your body reactions and see what your Dr. recommends for you!! Enjoy...Cheers! Nadine
mikee
on 7/25/05 2:33 pm - Zinfandel, CA
Topic: RE: HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
I watch to see if it will ever go anywhere. We just had an opportunity to buy some reserve Barbera from one of our local wineries (Lucas) Awesome!!!! They are pretty much Zinfandel, but this was special. Love it.
tinagirl1967
on 7/25/05 2:05 am - Bangor, PA
Judith P.
on 5/17/05 10:36 am - Grayslake, il
Topic: RE: HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
I have been waiting till at least I ws off the heavy drugs. I love Pinot's but also summer wines-white and sweet. I have to watch my intake but there is nothing like a good bottle of wine. I have had the opportunity to vist the Napa Valley and the wine tasting at the many many winerys is staggering. Thank the gods for Bacchus, Huh.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Red or white?
kareninflorida · 0 replies · 279 views
Screw top
AndreaA · 3 replies · 422 views
Can we or can't we?
Ruthel E. · 14 replies · 800 views