Morning time out buddies!

lbb_yogawoman1
on 6/20/07 9:55 pm - warrensburg, IL
Morning Time Out buddies...so it's day two for me....so far so good at 6:51 a.m. I've actually been working for two hours already. Had to feed the roses, tomatoes,grapes, blueberries, etc. and wanted to get that out of the way. It's a good way to wake my body up! (lugging around 5 gallon buckets of water to and from the plants). So, with that done I will have my protien drink, am already drinking my Wu Yi Tea and then will go out and work on a stained glass commission for a woman in the Chicago area...that should keep my busy for a bit. I am also thinking I might prime my dining room for a paint job. Just finished my kitchen. We purchased an old house (1880) and have been restoring it for the past two years...lots to do yet but we love it here in the country.  I hope everyone has a good day! Oh, and how often are you weighing yourselves. I just weighed myself and can tell I'm tempted to get into THAT rut again of weighing all the time..but then again, not weighing myself really didn't do me a big service now did it???? Ease to ignore the gain if you can't face it on the scales. Fill me in on you your day goes....who else is on Day Two?? Blessings, lbb_yogawoman1
Kathy S.
on 6/21/07 2:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hi, I am not doing the time out thing but live in Plainfield (between Joliet and Naperville) and was wondering where your town is?  Sounds wonderful... We moved out here 3 years ago to get away from all the stuff in Naperville and now it's here.... Take care, Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Splenderella
on 6/21/07 3:10 am
lbb_yogawoman1
on 6/21/07 3:18 am - warrensburg, IL
Hi Kathy and Splenderella, (just can't get over how much I like that name!) thanks for the input. I'm not really into broth that much but I do think my body craves the salt and actually needs a little. So, I pop a baby dill pickle every day or so, works good for me. Most of what I regularly eat is low in sodium (not intentional but just kinda happens I guess).  I just posted on the Day 4 post again and reported in on my mid-day issues.... KATHY, Warrenburg is just north of Forsyth Illinois, South of Bloomington, west of Champaign and east of Springfield...Where did you move to Plainsfield from? My son works/lives in Naperville and loves it (but not the bills!) Yikes thats a pricey place but it sure is lovely. I, myself, like the country, three acres, flowers, birds, cats, herrons, and NO people to speak of. The solitude has been a godsend for my poor nervous system and health. (lupus can be a toughy) They'll have to drag me out of this house! Yeah, it's old and falling down, but I love it anyway. Well, it's not really falling down but according to my hubby we need a new foundation so I guess that's pretty close, eh??? So, I will now forge ahead into my afternoon and evening. I have chores to do, a house to clean and a stained glass commission to attend to...that should keep me out of trouble! lbb_yogawoman1
hotwheel-queen
on 6/21/07 5:43 am

Good day to all T/O buddies, today is day 2 for me so far so good, tough morning but made it through.. I also weigh everyday, i want to see my progress, i have always weighed daily even with the 20lb gain you would think i would have watched it years ago...  tummy is growling and has been, had a slight headach in the middle of the night, but it is now gone. I also drink broth, i pretend i am eating pretty sad ha.,, and yes the sodium is sooo high i am going to look for a low sodium one. i hope that after a few days i wont want or desire the chicken flavor both and the shakes will be enough,  Has any one thought about the 4th of July i just told myself that i will allow myself to eat 1 meal that day, if i stick to this plan till then, it is giving me something to look forward to (not bad food, but a salad, meat maybe a little fruit we shall see). have a great day everyone and keep up the great work day1 202 day 2 201  

Splenderella
on 6/21/07 6:22 am
hotwheel-queen
on 6/21/07 6:49 am

OMG I thought I was the only one that pretended my drinks were food,,, Glad to know I am not alone. HEHEHEHEH.. i will try the broth. also I am going to go to the health food store and see what broth they have.

I was reading back a few days ago and Patty B. only says to do protein shakes and water? so we are revising alittle but I think adding 30-60 extra cal. will be ok, I know it helps me.  Keep up the great work, should be getting a little easier day by day,, Do you think our hair will fall out again since we are restricting our calories down to 3-400 a day??    

lbb_yogawoman1
on 6/21/07 7:49 am - warrensburg, IL
Re: hair....my understanding is that if you get the required protein there should be no problem with your hair falling out. Mine never did. I was on liquids for four weeks after surgery, then two weeks on full liquids, etc., etc. I did however, start in with the 60 grms of protien per day starting with the full liquids week. I have very rarely gone below that. So, I'd say get your protein in and you should be okay. Did you lose your hair on that much protein before???
hotwheel-queen
on 6/21/07 1:54 pm
i have fine thin hair to beg. with and yes at 4mths out it started lasted 2 mths and was so bad i was afraid i was going bald...so i am worried about it. with my protein drinks i am only getting in 63 grams of protein, hope it is enough.   how is tonight going for you??? day 2 almost gone, so far so well i am drinking some tomatoe bullion and boy is it yummy,, cant wait to weigh in the morning, i need to exercize to help with the weight loss.. good luck to you lets have a great day on day 3.. should be easier. i gave myself till july 4th and if i stick to this i told my tummy then it can eat alittle.. 
lbb_yogawoman1
on 6/21/07 11:39 pm - warrensburg, IL
Morning! Boy, did I sleep in!!! We had a kickin storm here last night and ohhhh the rain is so nice! So, hotwheel q, my hair's pretty thin too and I worry about it but, I have been taking in 90-120 gms. of protein a day since starting TO....I remembered back when I was in my initial loss stage that members said they would kick up the protein at seven or eight months out when they hit a plateau...so, I just started out with 60 and (since I was STARVING the first night) decided I will use the extra two protein drinks for that reason AND hopefully get more of a result with my loss...I am drinking tons of water as I know it can be hard on the kidneys to take in so much protein...so, this morning my loss is.........4 lbs!~ and I'm starting in on day three.....I'll be posting on the board here in a minute. My hand's still kinda numb from painting and glass work yesterday!  And yeah, I have got to start moving more.....walking at least two miles a day is a must for me....today I'll start! thanks for reminding me! How are you this morning???
Most Active
Recent Topics