?? for anyone w/ arthritus

prazzzhim
on 1/7/08 4:00 am - marthasville, MO
I have a friend who had GBS 2 yrs ago. She has arthritus real bad in her shoulder. Her shoulder seems to be locking up her primary doc said. He gave her ibprophin & zantac, which we all know is a nono. Well her surgery doc said no way is she to take that. Well my ???? is " what does anyone take for arthritus & the inflamation you get from it? She really is in a lot of pain. I hate to see her taking vicatin all the time for the pain. thanks for any advise you can share w/ me.                           Brenda
MrsB
on 1/7/08 5:05 am
Hi, I am almost 5 years out and I was diagnosed with RA almost 4.5 years ago.  My doc referred me to a Rhematologist and he took all kinds of test.  I take Naproxen for imflamation and pain.  I am also on methotrexate and preclavate.  My RA is being controlled and I virtually live a pain free life now.  I get blood test every three months.  My labs are looking good.  I also go to the health club and do the whirpool and water aerobics sometimes.  It helps!
Nancy B.
on 1/7/08 8:12 am - NJ
I had lidoderm patches for my lower back and they really help with the joint pain that I recently learned was arthritis. I lived on Motrin (ibuprofen) prior to my surgery taking prescription strength doses anywhere from 600mg to 1000mg. Wonder I had a stomach after all those years of Motrin.  As far as the other poster Naproxen is an aspirin based product so you may want to look into that medication. It is on my list of medications I can't take. I use to use that for menstral pain which was effective but I can't use it now.

~Nancy

“Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you.” Marsha Norman

Carla W.
on 1/7/08 10:14 am - CA
RNY on 05/08/06 with
I take remecade for my arthritus.  I cant take the other stuff and I am completely pain free under my current medications.  Remecade is an infusion that you have to get every 6 to 8 weeks, but I couldnt move my hands without it.   She may need to look into embrel or remecade to help her.. most doctors dont order it until they have tried the usual things.. and she has to go to a rheumatologist to get the good stuff...  Carla

Ready4 AChange
on 1/7/08 2:15 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
When I am having pain ( middle , lower back and hips) I take ultram ( tramadol) my surgeon said that was ok. He also said that Celebrex was ok, but I haven't been taking that since my pain is only bad when I do something stupid ( like move furniture)  Ask the doc about those two meds to see what he thinks about that. Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

mags
on 1/7/08 9:09 pm - albany, NY

I'm out 3 years and I take Celebrex 400mg and i don't have any problems, have lab work every 6months.

prazzzhim
on 1/7/08 10:41 pm - marthasville, MO
thanks everyone for your answers. I'll see her today & give the drugs to her to give to her doc to see if he can find an alternative to ibprphin. Brenda
michdeb
on 1/8/08 4:42 am - Southeast, MI
I have arthritis in both knees and shoulders.  Celebrex is the only thing my surgeon will let me take.  I don't think it totally helps with the pain, but I keep exercising anyway, to keep the muscles strong that support the joints.  I wish I could take NSAIDs, but don't.
Most Active
Recent Topics