Did You Move To Lose Today? Insantiy at it's best!

Kathy S.
on 2/18/08 1:40 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Ok, first of all...Happy Pres day to  you all

I think I am losing my mind  It was 46 yesterday and raining cats and dogs and today the wind chill is 36 below zero    I love the change of the seasons but I have just one thing to say to all of you that are smart enough to not live here in the winter   I am not worthy...I am not worthy!

Sometimes I want you guys to feel  you can vent and share your frustrations here with us all.  It helps to put your issues down.  I was having a hard time getting up in the morning and shared that with you guys.  Well someone asked the simple question, why are you so tired in the morning.  I said it was due to my getting up and going pee 20 times at night.  I thought it was an age issue, ya know us old folks just can't hold water like we use to  But then I got to thinking and did some research and then     A LIGHT BULB MOMENT

I drink tons of water and tea.  That is it...no pop or anything else.  Well tea is a great natural diuretic.  And I was drinking tons of it just before I went to bed.  When I visited Charlie I didn't have any tea the first 2 days and slept like a baby.  I thought it was just being in the beach setting and all.  So, I make a point to not drink any regular tea before bed time and I am ready to go in the morning for sure  

I pulled out a can of whoop a$$ this weekend and did the body weight lifting class Saturday, Sunday and today.  Took my boxing class on each day as well, going to my boxing class tonight.

So My Friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today  Come on and let's get this party started

Stay Strong, Sexy and Sassy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Tammy McDonald
on 2/18/08 2:16 am, edited 2/18/08 8:04 am - Mukwonago, WI
Hi moving gang, Kathy we are the ones that worthy!!!!!!!!Just giving us our props cause not only do you kick azz at the gym then you, then like myself have to do all the BS that comes with this weather! No gym yesterday and I pretty much get a bigfor this weekend.  I spent some time yesterday scraping the ice from our driveway.  Tonight I am going to the gym.  Today I wore my 14's for the first time since November.  If y'all remeber a while ago there was talk about wearing your tight jeans to keep you from eating, well Im here to tell you its working! I get the 2nd part to my sleep study at the end of the month and let me tell you, there is alot to be said about a good nights sleep...glad you got it figured out Kathy Question of the day, when is winter over??????? Tmac P.S. OMG! I just came home to a complete mess, my female lab let it rip on both ends so I had to clean that up and run her and a sample to the VET.  AAAAAAAHHH so much for the time I had set aside for the gym.
Tammy McDonald    
Kathy S.
on 2/18/08 6:46 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hi Tammy, I feel shame.... no matter what we get you guys  get hit 10 times worst than we do.  Sorry for whining.  I  hope you get to the gym tonight, it's hard when you start missing days.  I love the idea of wearing tight jeans. I do this sometimes when we are going out and want to be sure and watch what I eat.  It's a great motivator. Size 14's?  WAY TO GO See you tomorrow Take care, Kathy

Ruth A.
on 2/18/08 4:35 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi I finally got back on my stepper today after about two weeks not having time or energy to do anything.  Only did 5 minutes, but figured that was better than nothing. I too am exahausted most of the time.  I've just started taking extra Vitamin B1 and B12 which seem to be making a difference.  I must wake up 5000 times a night - (not really jusy kidding but it sure feels like that)....no idea why, but it's frustrating.  Before wls I was up all night, but that was due to reflux and diabetes - I thought I'd left all that behind and did for a while. Sigh, oh well, I'll keep plodding on.  I think much of it has to do with the time of year - lack of sunshine ~ roll on Spring.

Kathy S.
on 2/18/08 6:53 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hi Ruth, I love your avatar  So adorable... Do you work out at night?  You may not want to, for some people it gets them so worked up they can't sleep.  Also, you may want to try some chamomile tea and a hot bath.  I know, if you are tired then it's hard to workout.  I do find that when I work out I have more energy.  It may sound strange but it's true Don't count the number of days you have not worked out, count today and start new  We are proud of you and find something you love to do.  Do you like to dance?  Yoga?  Try different things See you here tomorrow for an update ok?  We are here to encourage you to continue on Take care, Kathy

viqueenfan
on 2/18/08 5:12 am - Newport, MN
Did 40 minutes on the treadmill this morning and 45 yesterday!! Brought the treadmill in from the garage on Saturday so I could use it - it's too cold here to walk from the house out there and it wasn't being used - by having it in the house there is no excuse not to use it - :) normally I'm a lurker, but in order to get back on track I'm going to post to threads to make myself more accountable - I need to get this regain back off  - know I can do it with being accountable both for journalling my food intake and exercising - i feel better already :)

"Your dream determines your goals, your goals map out your actions, your actions create results, and the results bring you success"
                                                                           John Maxwell

Kathy S.
on 2/18/08 6:55 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
WELCOME    WELCOME    WELCOME    You are on the right track for getting back on track  You may also want to note what makes  you want to eat...stress or emotional stuff.  I find I like to eat at night.  So getting out of the house helps me. Yea, the weather stinks right now.  Come on spring We are here to help you get back on track.  We will see you tomorrow Take care, Kathy

Tracy B
on 2/18/08 6:30 am - Erie, PA
OH, I know what you mean about getting up to go pee! It drives me crazy, but like you I do drink alot throughout the day. I have tried to cut back in the evenings and it is helping. Good thing is I can "usually" get right back to sleep. Anyway, I'm glad you found a simple solution to your problem! I did 3 miles WATP today.
Kathy S.
on 2/18/08 6:58 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hi Tracy, I do try to get most of my water in early in the day but when I work out boxing and kick boxing I such down tons of water.  But cutting out the tea seems to help. Awesome job my friend  Let's help some of the new members here get back on track !  I am so happy to see them jumping on board.  Exercise will help so much.  It's helping me for sure Take care, Kathy

Dana H.
on 2/19/08 1:14 am - Elmo, MT
I missed this thread and walking.  I FINALLY got to walk and use all my new toys.  I got 12199 steps in.  Power walked for an hour,  got in 4.5 miles doing that.  Reached target heart rate for the whole hour!  I was sick last week so I hadn't walked since the 8th.  I really missed it.  O ya, I bought me some great running shoes,  I about fell over when I went to pay for them,  I wasn't paying attention to the price and they rang up at 120 bucks.  They are the most expensive shoes I have ever purchased!  I am a bargain shopper and NEVER pay full price.  Dont know what got into me but I like my new shoes.Thinking about adding some strength training but don't know what to do.  Any ideas?  Speaking of sleeping,  slept like a baby last night,  must have been all the walking. Dana
Back on Track Dana
preop 316, low post op 166, 200 regain, 189 now, 165 goal
www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ymdana    
Most Active
Recent Topics