Can't seem to catch my breath...

fooseberry
on 8/19/08 10:36 am - E Falmouth, MA
I have had this happen to me a few times while running but thought it was because I was running- DUH!! But now I seem to be having the problem today and it seems to be getting worse.
I can't describe it.... It seems like I keep needing to take a deep breath almost as it I am sighing. People at work must think I am so rude on the phone.
What do you think??
Dehydrated
Caffeine
These are the things I was thinking.

The net says ugly things like heart problems and I just don't want to go there.

Jennifer
Post op -306
Current - 189
Goal - 171
Come to my Blog and say Hello!      http://fooseberrypie.blogspot.com/
Fooseberry Pie
sel
on 8/19/08 10:44 am - colchester, CT

Have you had any recent lab work done? If not get checked, could be symptom of anemia.

Sher

fooseberry
on 8/19/08 10:57 am - E Falmouth, MA
6 months since my last labs but my 18 mo appt is next Monday.
Post op -306
Current - 189
Goal - 171
Fooseberry Pie
cajungirl
on 8/19/08 11:48 am
Jennifer, my first thought was anemia also....be sure to have your TBIC, iron saturation, ferritin and B-12 checked ASAP.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

jlmartin
on 8/19/08 11:04 pm - Random Lake, WI
What is the temperature and humidy on these "short of breath" days?  High temperature and high humidy will reduce air pressure (get both you get even less pressure) and so, I like say there is less "air" in the air.

Long story short, each breath will be less efficient than if it were cooler and less humid.  I know I need to breathe harder while running on hot humid days.

B Girl
on 8/19/08 11:39 pm
Any chance that it's anxiety? 
.Anita R.
on 8/20/08 6:49 am - Stafford, VA
I had this with anemia but i still have it with magnesium deficiency too!  More so with magnesium...

Magnesium is an electrolyte so staying hydrated is sometimes what you need...Propel has potassium which is another electrolyte that often helps too...mag def is rare, but if you have a lot of diarreah that can often be a clue that you might just need magnesuim for a while...I am having a hrd time keeping my mag...Don't know why...My dad has the same trouble and he hasn't had WLS...??? 
fooseberry
on 8/20/08 6:54 am - E Falmouth, MA

Update-
I had some blood drawn today and my iron is not back but my H and H(NOt sure what this is) is normal.

The air is cool and dry today .The nurse is trying to tell me it is lack of exercise because I haven't been out running in 10 days. She also told me to get some B12.
I don't think it is the lack of exercise. I have gone a week before without exercise and I am honestly too tired with the lack of breath to run.
My day starts at full speed at 6:30 or 7am and I work a full time job until midnight. My life is full of exercise. I do miss my running this week but I just don't see how this can be causing the shortness of breath.

Post op -306
Current - 189
Goal - 171
Fooseberry Pie
Dave Chambers
on 8/20/08 9:28 am - Mira Loma, CA
Have your labs done and discuss your breathing issue with your doctor. You may have some type of lung issue to , so if your labs appear to be OK, you might ask for a referral to a pulmanary doctor, to have your lungs analyzed. It could be something minor, or it could be the start of something major. If it were me, I'd check out all options to be safe. I had issues with being dizzy as a post op. I pursued the issue with my doctor, and finally got a referral to a cardiologist. A Holter Monitor test revealed that I had  low blood pressure. This consult was on a Thursday, and I had a pacemaker implanted on the following Tuesday. No more dizzy spells. I thought this might be a serious issue, so I began seeing my doctor as soon as I could. Forums are good to discuss minor issues, but your issue may be like mine--something that needs a medical diagnosis. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Beam me up Scottie
on 8/20/08 2:55 pm
It's time to go to the ER.....sorry, trouble breathing can mean a whole range of bad things....it's not something to fool around with....get medical attention right away.

Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics