3 years post RNY...have gained a few pounds

BillieC
on 8/7/11 2:44 am - Laurens, SC
I need to get back on track.  I have some pretty severe dumping syndrome so I don't eat wrong very much but I have been drinking soda and a lot of alcohol this summer.  It's hard to go back to water but I know I have to!   I'm a teacher and it's back to work after summer break for me tomorrow so I'm going to try to visit here and hope I can find some others here who will help me stay motivated.  I'm going through a divorce so I don't wanna be fat again!!!

WARNING:  I am almost always trying (and not always succeeding) to be funny.  Don't take it the wrong way, please!

Kattin
on 8/7/11 10:05 pm - WA
Hi!
Sorry to hear you're going thru a divorce, & that you still have dumping syndrome.
Weight gain may be the soda & alcohol. Water for me is hard to get down, pouch wants warm things, but I can get semi-cold ice tea down.
I've gaind 30 lbs back due to poor eating habits & meds I'm on. Have been trying to get back on track, so have dropped 5 lbs so far. They say we may gain some back, but I'd love to get back into my size 6-8 jeans. Now in a 10. I'm 5ft 2 in., so any weight gain shows.
Odd that when I was 239 I didn't think I was that big & others were shocked when I told them my weight.
We can encourage each other on if you'd like. We can just post here & motivate each other.
Take care,
Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

Anna B.
on 8/10/11 4:58 am - The Nicest Little Town in, FL
I have also gained some, but am not out of the expected 15 lb. gain from bottom weight.  I teach as well and have noticed that I put on weight during the summer and lose it once school starts.  I'm too busy to eat too much!  Hopefully this will happen for you as well.
         oh_c_cardLs1.gif picture by annab75       Fireworks 

Ansampson
on 8/11/11 11:53 pm
I too have gained weight this summer. It's just been too hot to do anything outside or inside to me. I'm looking forward to my life returning to normal with a routine. I also started drinking diet sodas, artic rushes, and sometimes sluprees. I know my additional calories came more from my drinks than food because it's been too hot to eat. So, all of this to say you will have support getting back on track. Today is my last day of summer break as well. The end of your relationship doesn't have to be the end of you. However, this is the time for you to focus and take care of you.
Most Active
Recent Topics