- HEALTH TRACKER
One thing I've noticed from reading many posts on these message boards is the variation between different programs and their rules. It seems like every doctor/nutritionist has their own unique set of guidelines! But of course, there are similarities, and that's what I'm trying to discern.
Specifically, I'm interested in post-op diet tracking. What are your instructions as far as protein intake, fluid amounts, other nutrients to track, etc.?
Here's why I'm asking: I'm working on creating a special food journal for bariatric patients that they can use to track their diets. I made one for myself, and it has been very beneficial, but I want to help others with this tool. And in order for this tracker to work for everyone, I need to come up with a general idea of post-op requirements.
So, please take a moment and answer these questions. I'm just looking for a brief summary of what your doctor & nutritionist have advised. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
(1) How much protein should you consume per day?
(2) How many fluid ounces should you consume per day?
(3) What other factors are you supposed to track? (Such as calories, fat, carbohydrates, fiber, etc.)
(4) Of those other factors, what amounts should you be consuming per day?
(5) What are your exercise guidelines?
(6) What vitamins & supplements should you be taking?
(7) Are there any other things you have been advised to track?
(8) What would you like to see in a diet tracker?
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!