body fat calculator and check in

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/5/13 10:29 am

Hi, went to my fitness pal and found  another good article on weight loss:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I am keeping up with myfitness pal and that is a good thing.  i wish I could get the weight down and it frustrates me.  But I am accountable and feel so encouraged by you all

tamilynn

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/6/13 7:44 pm
By reading the links on myfitnesspal pal I am starting to understand the tdee (total cals we need to eat at to maintain or be under to lose). I'm slap learning about BMW ( cals my body needs to survive) and ways to check my body fat without a caliper. I am in third week of increasing calories and daily watching my intake. Today's scale reading saw the scale start the downward turn, but my official weigh in is next Tuesday. It is hard to eat the calories, but I have not been hungry and have not been tempted to over indulge on my dark chocolate weakness!
Blessings tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/10/13 12:22 am

found another need link on myfitnesspal where  there is a spreadsheet you can put together to help monitor your intake and calores.  Its all set up so all you have to do is plug in your numbers.  I thought it was interesting and thought I'd share it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

_aprilh_
on 2/10/13 8:03 am - OK

Time for my check-in. I am feeling a little better today than I was the other day when I posted. I had gone totally out of control concerning food. I am doing better. I know I am still addicted to food and it is something I will live with for the rest of my life. My family has all kinds of addicts - drugs, alcohol, sex, if you can be addicted to it, someone in my family probably is. I am a food addict. I have pulled the 12 steps off the computer and read them daily. I am working on it. I used to smoke but that was easy to give up because I don't have to buy cigarettes but food is something I have to buy. I am working on purchasing things that are good for me and fit in my new lifestyle. I am also teaching my family the importance of eating right and how we all need to change what we eat. I have fallen off the wagon a time or two but for the most part I have done well. I am down to 199.4 as of this morning. I am planning on doing the reboot program that my program is offering. They are giving a 20% discount on Tuesdays throughout February for items necessary to do the reboot program. (www.weightwise.com go to the estore) It consists of 3 protein shakes a day and 2 protein snacks plus 64oz of water/low cal decaf beverages for 2 weeks. They say it will help fight the carb addiction, shrink your pouch and help you get back on track. We shall see. I am going to order my stuff on Tuesday and should have it by Friday. I think it will be my lenten journey. Getting back on track - giving up the carbs! Thanks for your encouragement! I know we are all in this together, even when we are alone, we are not alone. Someone somewhere is going through the very same thing. Thanks again!

April H.

"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/10/13 8:13 am
I am proud of you April. You are making wise choices. It's hard to fight the temptation of food. For me it's when I'm upset or bored. We have to find the triggers and work past them. I am excited about the reboot program!! Woo hoo. You're in a good place. Keep up the good work. I'm excited to weigh in Tuesday. Hoping the downward trend shoes up for mr too.
Blessings tamilynn
kilmarlic
on 2/11/13 2:28 am - powells point, NC

There's a book out there "The Hunger Fix" written by Dr. Pam Peeke that's really good. It's all about food as an addiction. It's not a quick read by any stretch of the imagination. She really makes you stop and think and take stock of your life. I know it's available as a Nook book through Barnes and Noble because I have it downloaded.

Good Luck to you.

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Most Active
Recent Topics