Carbonation and Caffeine

Ellen C.
on 1/15/14 9:17 am - Charleston, SC

is it ok to have carbonated drinks and caffeine? 

LiViAnN_mommy
on 1/16/14 1:20 am - Citrus heights, CA

With caffeine I think it is fine as long as you make sure you are drinking your water as well. As for carbonated drinks I would just stay away from it. It's just not good for you all around. 

jlmartin
on 1/19/14 8:30 pm - Random Lake, WI

Once your at goal, I see no problems with either.  Just make sure you coffee is coffee and not a Sugar Mocha Frappa milkshake.  Same goes for soda as well, it's the calories.

http://www.runnersworld.com/drinks-hydration/study-moderate-caffeine-intake-doesnt-lead-to-dehydration

Domakera
on 1/20/14 3:24 am

Hi there,

I am 7 months out and have had sips of cola and carbonated water. They taste soo much more chemical-ey and still does not feel right in my tummy. As for caffeine, I have caffeineated VitaminWater instead of coffee in the morning and the buzz is a bit stronger in my opinion. I don't see a problem with it, just make sure you're not loading up on sugar.

But still check with your doctor if you're unsure! Nothing can replace their advice. xx

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/14 4:41 am

Diet soda has been repeatedly linked with weight gain and sugar substitutes with increased appetite. So, while the carbonation won't hurt your pouch like some say, it'll probably not help with weight maintenance or loss. Caffeine... I don't see the problem as long as you can handle it. If it causes a hypoglycemic response, you probably shouldn't have it because it's spiking your blood sugar.

I agree with the above poster about the Frappucino type stuff. It's just a sugar bomb milkshake with a shot of coffee in it. It is not a cup of coffee with fixins'.

Most Active
Recent Topics