kinda MAD at the band

sandrafoti
on 3/25/14 4:34 am

I THOUGHT was LB was successful, but now that I'm facing a revision, I feel that the docs should have mentioned the potential harm that the LB could do the esophagus.  I'have maintined a 200 lb weight loss for 8 years.  One slip, one HH.  for the past year (yes, I blamed myself and let it go way too long), NOTHING would stay down and I would constantly vomit.  finally got up the nerve to visit my BS and I have an esophageal diliation.  He didn't recommend and endoscopy, I INSISTED ON HAVING ONE-not yet scheduled. During the years when I was told "oh you're sensitive to the pressure or try not to vomit"   I DID NOT TRANSLATE THAT TO MEAN, YOUR ESOPHAGUS IS IN DANGER.  Im kinda unhappy about this.  I love my Bh and he told me  "the band has to be removed and I'll revise the same surgery."  I never wanted the RNY, but in the past 8 years, they know so much about it, but I am afraid of death, RH and dumping.  Are they still going to offer the bands?  Do they even tell lapbanders that 10 years may be the longest you can have it?  How did you RNY'ers manage to take care of your home and kids post surgery?  I'm just focused on repairing my esophagus and want to rule out Barrett's; follow up UGI on 4/1.  I will say that when my band my unfilled 1 month ago, ALL MY SYMPTOMS stopped.  No more reflux.  I am enjoying not being in CONSTANT PAIN/burning and constipated.  sorry this so long.  Sandra.  RNY scheduled for 4/14 and I'm a bit anxious.

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/25/14 1:06 pm
Sorry you are in so much pain. Can they revise to a sleeve?
kaytiebugs
on 4/3/14 1:03 pm - Flowery Branch, GA

Can you just have it removed without revising to another surgery? Whenever my band has to be removed - no reason to remove yet but I'm sure my day will come - I just want it out. No additional revision. It didn't do much for me anyway.

vil5982
on 5/2/16 8:44 pm

HI. I was wondering how you are doing now? I had a lap band for 7 years, and surgeon removed it 6 weeks ago due to esophageal blockage and pain. I lost @50 lbs and kept it off. But right now I am losing more weight since I have problems eating solid foods. Been on liquid protein shakes only for about 2 months now. Hope you are feeling better.

Most Active
Recent Topics