4 years ago sleeved...

seaview
on 4/8/14 12:41 am

I could make this long or short...I'll stick to short..

4 years ago 210 and 5'8"....lowest weight 140...today 145...5 pound regain..maintaining that range up and down a bit but mostly 

content at 145...How is it after so many years you ask...Every day is a challenge.. I work out a lot..I watch what I eat all the time...I deal with head hunger mosts of the time..I am a food addict and have always been....I will never be recovered. I still think I'm fat a lot of the time.. I can eat more than I could before....not dry protein..that's still 4 ounces or perhaps 5...In many ways I have learned not to eat over feelings but still struggle with it..old habits etc..although my stomach is not hungry my head is...like always...like before...so the surgery is not a cure..and maintenance is NOT easy...I repeat...NOT EASY...however life is better than ever...I thank myself every day for having had this surgery and transforming my life...So there you have it...

The only thing I can say is stay vigilant and be prepared to stay the course or else boy can one regain!

SEAVIEW

datachick
on 4/11/14 1:39 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

I work hard to not have all the mental anguish. How about trying therapy to see if you can fix some of that stuff? The main rason I did this is to not feel like you do....it doesn't have to be that way. You can take measures to get that **** out of your head and have a peaceful life.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

seaview
on 4/11/14 2:44 am

Hey, thanks for that. I think it would be wonderful to be freed up a bit and have a peaceful life...I have tried the 12 step groups...have had individual therapy forever...perhaps some cognitive work would be good to reprogram that thinking..in any case thanks for the feedback...SEAVIEW

seaview
on 4/11/14 2:45 am

Hey, thanks for that. I think it would be wonderful to be freed up a bit and have a peaceful life...I have tried the 12 step groups...have had individual therapy forever...perhaps some cognitive work would be good to reprogram that thinking..in any case thanks for the feedback...SEAVIEW

kathy H.
on 4/15/14 5:19 pm

Good for you! Thanks for sharing...I'm 3 yrs out and have gained 8lbs....struggling to stay in that 5lb range! You are right It's all head hunger and wanting to be eating something all the time! I'm still very happy with the surgery and the 90lbs lost though.....

Most Active
Recent Topics