Severe stomach pain like twisting of your insides 7 yrs out

Acarabin77
on 4/12/14 12:51 pm

Hi,

I am seven years Post RNY and for the past year have been having stomach pain. My surgeon never took out my gallbladder so a year ago he suspected it was my gallbladder and took it out. he found it only mildly aggravated with a little sludge. Since this time I have been having really bad stomach pain. Description sharp like ringing of a towel twisting feeling.. So powerful I loose my breathe.. At the beginning it would only last a few minutes and go away.. But as the year has progressed it has gotten worse.  When I eat I am nauseated and after my stomach kills me.. 

Three weeks ago I went to the ER and a CAT scan showed an interception in my small bowel. Buy the time they got in to fix it , the interception had fixed itself... They have also checked for ulcers via endoscopy. This Wednesday I went to the hospital and it was the worst pain I had ever been in in my life. Same feeling but my husband and I were driving from NC to AL to look for a new house and we had to stop at the closest ER. Me thinking I could hack the pain made it 6 hours but I was literally screaming and writhing in pain.. When we went in for triage I almost passed out the pain was that unbearable. Once again CAT scans,endoscopes and an upper GI was done... Nothing was found...Granted since having gastric bypass I have had a lot of problems ( that for another time) But has anyone had these problems.The latest Gastric surgeon said maybe I should get my RYN reversed.. But then I fear even more problems. My quality of life is horrible.. I don't know what to do.. Maybe someone can shed some light... Where can this pain be coming from?  I thought maybe liver or pancreas... Help anyone

Jen Lyn
on 4/12/14 11:27 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

Pancreatitus hurts but it hurt in my lower back. I couldn't sleep for two days.   I was told the liver doesn't hurt but who knows.
For three years I had pain that all those scans and tests could not explain. After RNY, no more pain there, and it stopped the day of surgery. No one can explain it.

With your amount of pain, I would consider traveling to a doctor not in your local area for a second opinion. Perhaps a RNY surgeon who also does revisions-not because you want a revision but to see if he can figure out what is wrong.  Hopefully someone with more insight will post.  I just wanted you to know I am hoping you get answers and your health back.

lakelover18
on 4/22/14 12:19 pm - Mundelein, IL

I had two episodes of significant pain like you described and ended up with an intestinal blockage and internal hernias = emergency surgery.  The first episode was in 2011 and the second episode was February 2013.  I'm currently 10 years out from RNY.  Since the surgical corrections, I'm doing much better but in some ways feel like my pouch is even more sensitive--Actually to the point that I have developed the habit of purging because I can feel everything so much more.  Going to the doc on Monday and going to ask her to assess if I have an eating disorder (which wouldn't surprise me).  Best of luck to you...

proudmama13
on 4/23/14 7:58 pm - Bristol, PA

I had that writhing in pain feeling over the weekend and got admitted for emergency surgery to correct an internal hernia. The pain was at my belly button and wrapped around to my back. At first I thought I had really bad gas pains. But went to the ER when gas-x provided no relief . Feel free to pm me at [email protected]. Best of luck to you!!!

nikkipoo
on 4/29/14 5:25 am - Houston, TX

This sounds familiar.. i had very bad pain and thought it was gas went to the ER and they found nothing.. later that day had to go to another ER where i had my surgery only to find out that i had a Petersons hernia..4days in the hospital came out feeling brand new...I hope you get some relief soon

Bibo
on 10/23/14 12:47 pm

I had that, they had to go in and do a diagnostic laproscopy....tons of scar tissue and a lower bowel blockage....see my recent post on the main board about the two meals a day of meal replacement shakes.....lots of liquids......weight loss beyond what I bargained for. That kind of pain is unbelievable. I sure hope you are feeling better.

Most Active
Recent Topics