You can't drink calories away by drinking after eating and other myths

Jen Lyn
on 4/13/14 1:05 am
RNY on 11/11/13

My friend is thinking of having WLS. I tried telling her these things but she sees someone else eating whatever she wants and still losing with the sleeve since December.

You can't eat what you want. Calories count.

You can't drink right after eating to wash the food/calories out of your body. Calories count.

Portions do matter. Calories count.

How can I get this through her head? The only way she can have surgery is to finance it and it won't even work since she is not planning on making ANY real changes. She  never has money so she won't take supplements either unless she can get them at Walmart cheap.  She currently has no health issues other than being overweight. I fear her plans will give her major health issues.

elisenacole_1rules
on 4/13/14 12:31 pm

Im not sure anything you tell this person will help them... If they are seeing someone else eat crappy foods and still lose weight, yes that person may still lose bc portion size has been drastically cut, but they could potentially stretch their tummy out, then what? This person doesn't need to do just what they are seeing someone else do, they should do the best they can for themselves. even after surgery if you continue to eat unhealthy foods and big portions, you will be just as unhealthy as before having surgery. especially for someone you say doesn't have the extra money, what a huge waste and lot of hoops to jump through just to stay where they are now... doesn't make much sense to me. after having wls, you should want to make the very most of it, it could be your (only) second chance.

elise

datachick
on 4/24/14 3:36 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Suggest she go to a WLS seminar in your area, or attend the locla support group with you, or read these boards. Other than that, you can't really control her behavior. You have to let it go lest you jeopardize your own peaceful life.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Most Active
Recent Topics