SLow regain, need some advice

gettingmyhealthback
on 6/10/14 4:38 pm - MI

Had VAG in 2011 lots of complications, long story short in the hospital 5 months. Finallly recovered, sort of. Many things I can't eat. Make me throw up. Dp best with salmon and soft foods. My husband was out of work for 10 months, he found work, and then I was laid off and started my own business. Long story short, I am now 15 pounds over my lowest weight, which is not even my goal weight yet. I want very badly to get back on track, I'm scared to death of gaining any more weight, and I need help getting back on track.

Aslo, does anyone else have side effects left from a VSG?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

VIviven

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/11/14 3:24 am

Back on Track together Group.. Great people 

teh only advice I can tell you is to go back to basics: proteins and fat and low carbs works.  I don't eat any grains, or starchy foods. I also avoid fruits except some berries and I make sure I really portion that. Sugar is sugar. My body does not care if it is from sugarcane or fruits.. Sugar and carbs - make me crave more of  it...

While i am trying to lose weight - I do limit my calories to 800-1000 a day, plus I do light exercise.  Long strenuous exercise makes me hungry and I have tendency to overeat.  But gentle - like walking (fast paste) or yoga or pilates - works fine with me.

One day a week I give myself a "evening off" to eat as much as I want to...but I still limit myself to "good for me foods".  But only beacuse I have severe food allergies and severe RH.. so real cheating really hurts me for days... 

Join BOTT group and get motivated..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

kcasey32
on 7/21/14 2:26 pm

I am 3 years out from VSG. I made the mistake and got pregnant right after. but I went through 6 months of not being able to eat at all and on IV tube feedings. thankfully after a healthy baby I could eat again with a lot of limitations. I cannot eat most rice and any heavy meats. such as steak, white meat chicken and pastas is an automatic praying to the toilet god.  as for side effects. for some reason my stomach produces way too much acids and the new GI Doctor I am going to said that some people don't use all of their vagel nerve so when the GLS is done, if you don't normally use the remaining part of that nerve then there isn't anything to control the acid which leads to an angry sleeve. so as a result I constantly battle gastritis, esophagitis and now have esophageal ulcerations.  fun stuff. other fun side effects is all the funny noises my stomach makes when I eat. my bf gets a kick out of that and the positive side effect however is that despite the discomfort and agony I might be experiencing on the inside. the outside looks way better than what it did. I can wear almost anything and best of all....I can go up a flight of stairs running without having to catch my breath and I can keep up with my 3 young daughters without tiring out. so I don't regret it but side effects can definitely be bothersome sometimes. 

Most Active
Recent Topics