8 years and still going strong!

Jennifer K.
on 6/18/14 12:06 am - Phoenix , AZ

This Friday marks 8 years since I had surgery.

Happy to report I have maintained my loss, still take my vits/supps daily and go for annual blood work to make sure all is on track.

I am 2.5 years out from an extended TT and super excited for July 10th when I am scheduled for a BL/BA, Brachioplasty and laser skin tightening on my neck. Looking forward to completing yet another step on this journey that started 10 years ago. Hoping to have a thigh lift done in the next 1-2 years and my transformation will be complete.

Hope everybody is doing well! I look forward to celebrating Friday on an amazing 8 years!

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

jastypes
on 6/18/14 12:46 am - Croydon, PA

I am excited for you!  You sound amazing!  Congratulations!!!  To what do you attribute your amazing success?

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Jennifer K.
on 7/2/14 12:07 am - Phoenix , AZ

I think a few things... first when I decided to have surgery it was a "last resort" for me... I knew I HAD to make this work for me and there were no other options if I "failed". I told myself I would NEVER go back to the way I was NO MATTER WHAT!

I had a GREAT nutritionist... she really took the time to explain/educate and it awoke an interest in me. I started to educate myself further about nutrition, what is in foods and started to cook for myself more, grow some of my own foods and stopped buying prepackaged/prepared foods and making things from scratch at home.

I weight myself daily, always have and still do.. I have a "trigger point" where I know I am above where I should be an need to reel myself back in and take a look at what I am eating/how much exercise I am doing. This helps me to keep an eye on where I am at and not let things get beyond a point I feel I can control.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

jastypes
on 7/2/14 12:10 am - Croydon, PA

Thank you for sharing that!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Eggface
on 6/19/14 6:10 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Nice to see you post Jennifer!! Glad all is well!

Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

nursygirl
on 7/9/14 7:46 am - San Jose,, CA

Congratulations!  Yesterday marked 9 years post RNY for me.  I maintain a 105 lb weight loss, take my vitamins and see my doc regularly.  I can't imagine what my life would have been like if I didn't have my surgery!

May you have continued good health and success!!

Anjanette

"Never let the fear of striking out get in the way of trying" George Herman "Babe" Ruth

No excuses....just do it!

Most Active
Recent Topics