weight gain

lettice1
on 6/19/14 8:04 am

I have gained back weight since my surgery over 10 years ago. Trying to get the weight off need help.

jewelcrown
on 6/19/14 11:32 am

You are not alone.  I had my surgery 10 years ago (July 6, 2004).  I keep losing and regaining 20-40 lbs.  I am able to lose it when I exercise daily; quick white carbs and sugar completely.  Sounds easy.  But it's not.  I eat out too much, my boyfriend shows up at more door with Krispy Kreme and it's on like popcorn.  I'm back on track today. If I follow the rules, I lose.  My pouch still works.  You just have to work it consistently.  Consistency is my problem.  You've got to get yourself in a mental place where you will do what you need to.  The pouch still works.  The saying is still true, they operated on our bodies and not our heads.  Good luck.

Jewel

lettice1
on 6/19/14 12:17 pm

Thanks Jewel

jastypes
on 6/19/14 10:38 pm - Croydon, PA

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/discussion/  There is a group for people trying to get back on track.  I had a re-gain of 45 pounds.  I got it off (plus a little more) by 1) going back to support group meetings; 2) getting a workable food plan from a dietician who works with my surgeon; and 3) working a 12-step program of recovery through overeaters anonymous.  We still have a very valuable tool.  We just have to go back to using it correctly!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

manders7
on 6/22/14 11:35 pm

Weight maintenance and regain is the hardest aspect to this surgery.  I regained almost 30 lbs since my lowest weight.  My doctor told me that 20 lbs wasn't a big deal, but I shouldn't regain more than that.  Well, I did.  I admit I got lazy.  I made excuses for myself working full-time and taking 3 hour lectures at college three times a week.  I stopped exercising and I think that was my biggest downfall.  And of course, I'm a hormonal woman and crave chocolate and carbs.  

We as weight loss grads, didn't lose the weight overnight (although sometimes it seemed that easy) and we didn't regain it overnight.  I keep telling myself that at 8 years out I will never go back to 290 lbs ever again.  I need to have patience and get back to basics.  I'm changing my work schedule and school schedule so that I can have a better work-life balance.  I'm turning back to WLS support groups and forums for inspiration.  I have all the tools for success, I just need to make them work.  Going back to the gym tomorrow night after work after a 5 month hiatus, I'm so excited.  So please, don't ever give up or succumb to old habits.  The old habits are so easy to fall back upon, but it is not impossible to break them.  Good luck :)

Amanda  
Gastric bypass RNY
5/8/2006 - Dr. James Koren
290 initial/165 goal

Meredith K.
on 7/6/14 11:48 am

I am in the same boat. I was down to 140. which for me made me look a little too thin, I am now at 165 and miserable. I am fighting like hell to get back to 140. Going from working a very active job in EMS to now working in an office that loves potlucks and serving cake for every little thing, its HARD. It's SO HARD to fight the temptations of it all. And I have reverted back to my dear best friend Dr Pepper.. not even the Dr Pepper 10. The real stuff! any tips from anyone is welcome

Most Active
Recent Topics