5 years post op, still have 110 lbs off!

Janis2009
on 6/23/14 6:34 am - Placerville, CA

I had RNY surgery in January 2009 and have lost and kept off 110 lbs and of course feel great, I originally got down to 132 (from mid 250s) which was awesome, but for the last 4 years I've hovered right around 140-145, every time I get into the 130s I don't stay there. I have a bunch of size 6 shorts and skirts I'd love to wear but can't seem to stay there, but have stayed in a size 8 (from a 24 originally)! I REALLY want to get a tummy tuck, would love to not have that darned little pouch in front of me all the time, but since my insurance doesn't cover it, it probably won't happen any time soon. My hubby had RNY (open procedure) in 1996, he lost 200+ and has kept 170 off for 18 years and the VA hospital did a tummy tuck on him! Not fair. LOL. Anyhow, for those who have had it done, did it make that much difference in the way you looked and felt? I figured if I get my last 10-15 lbs off and keep it off for a few months I might go ahead and get a credit card just for my surgery, but wanted to hear from others who've had it done and see if it's really worth it.

Musicteech
on 6/24/14 5:46 am - TX
VSG on 06/17/14

Very inspiring to me who has lost 10 pounds & is only 1 week post-op!

Highest wt 353 (Sept. 2013); surgery wt (June 17, 2014) 336; Current Wt 250.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/14 4:50 am

Hi, I lost 100 lbs and had breast lift and Lower Bodfy lift (lbl). My bobs were priority for me.  The LBL  recovery was long but I am glad I did I. 

That is an additional motivation for me to keep my weight off. 

Breast lift was really important to me. More than their LBL.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sandra T. RN
on 6/29/14 7:54 am - TX

I could wear 6 before the TT but not after but that is fine with me. Even tho I had regain after the TT is the best thing I've done. Regain after TT gave me back a butt. Tummy still nice and flat. I used care credit. 3 years same as cash. 

Good luck!!

Sandra  High 250, low 160, current 190 down from 208 January 2014

arenneking
on 7/10/14 2:43 am - Somewhere in AL, AL
I had my RNY on October 16, 2003.  I got down to 132, from a high weight of about 325, (275 at surgery) went back up to 174 last year, got back on track and now I am around 144.  I had a tummy tuck and inner thigh lift on November 16, 2006 and I did initially lose some weight but it came back.  I can still wear my sixes at this size since my tummy is nice and flat.  I am working right now to get back around 135.  I don't regret having the tummy tuck and thigh lift at all, it was so worth it to now have that flappy skin around my belly and legs gone.  It was a long recovery but so worth it!

dyablogirl12
on 7/10/14 1:57 pm

Hello..I had my surgery 12 years ago and lost 140..I went from 298 to 158..I had a lot excess skin in my belly area..I was so afraid to have a tummy tuck for years but after getting a divorce 3 years ago and meeting my new husband I decide to have it done. It was not covered by my insurance but it was well worth the price. I lost an additional 8 lbs from the surgery..I felt amazing and recovery was very easy for me. I have since got my boobs done last year and I feel like a whole new person. I never knew that I hide my ugly tummy from the world because my ex didn't care what I looked like but meeting someone else I was self conscience. I did it more for me because I wanted to look my best for him..my word of advise would be GO FOR IT..

Most Active
Recent Topics