how long after WLS do you losing the weight?

ladygrimmjow
on 6/28/14 11:20 am

I had my WLS on Monday (june 23, 2014) and the only weight that I lost the water weight from the IV fluids while in the hospital. I want to go to Hershey on Aug. 1, 2014, but I don't I'll lose enough to fit on the rides. Please help!!!!!!!!

datachick
on 6/29/14 3:11 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

As you must know, everyone is different. Trust the process and just do what you are supposed to do. Let go of the future and focus on today. Your trip will be awesome if you make it awesome, even if you don't fit on the rides.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

jastypes
on 6/30/14 3:25 am - Croydon, PA

I'm not sure how much you thought you would lose in a month and a half, but you need to have a realistic view of this journey.  At an average of 2 pounds per week (conservative), you're looking at 12 pounds being gone in 6 weeks.  Even at a really not conservative estimate of 5 pounds per week, you'd be looking at a 30-pound loss (I don't think that's realistic).  Depending on your current weight, you might or might not be able to fit on rides.  In any event, you should feel much better than you do right now, and if you are following direction, you should have energy and stamina that you certainly would not have had last year!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

JuniperLane
on 7/12/14 4:50 pm

Hi,

I am new to this as well (surgery June 2).  The one thing I have learned from spending hours upon hours doing research is that everyone's experience is different.  You are 21 days out and I completely understand your concern... I don't know what I was expecting but I did have expectations after surgery.  Your body is in shock right now and given that you are only 3 weeks out you aren't able to nearly eat anything close to what you were eating before.  Are you logging your food on myfitnesspal.com?  There is a phone app as well..  I totally suggest doing this from this day forward.  I stalled out 3 weeks post op and did not lose anything until the end of week 4...  but I promise, if you follow the protein guidelines and fluid intake recommendations YOU WILL DROP THE WEIGHT.  I went from 20 pounds down to 43 pounds down in 2 weeks (by the end of week 5). 

About Hershey..  keep in mind also that by this time you will only be 5 weeks out which is where I am at right now.  I would not want to be jostled about by rides at this point.  I experienced a bought of severe nausea for about 2 weeks and am just getting over it.  It will be hot and if you are not accustomed to the heat and the exercise you may have a hard time of it. 

Surgery Date: 6/2/2014     Highest: 333     Pre-Op Diet:  305    Surgery Day:    291     Current:  255     

Most Active
Recent Topics