Breakng ribs during sex, anyone else?

SweetLu
on 6/30/14 9:56 pm - Piqua, Oh

OMG, I have been 2 years post op (RNY) Lost 200# and have broken my ribs  during sex FIVE times.  (I know what you're thinking and no it's not wild, and my hubby's only 170 lbs.) I believe it's caused by the pushing of my abdominal apron into my ribs. We have ruled out Osteoporosis.  The X-rays are not showing the fractures, and I have received nothing for pain.  I finally talked the Dr. into a  bone scan which revealed the current and past fractures. (HOORAY!) Is this enough proof to get help from insurance to have the extra skin removed? Is this a problem shared by anyone else?  Oh & if ur tempted to give positional advise, I have also had a recent knee replacement. ;) Thanks.

jastypes
on 7/1/14 3:56 am - Croydon, PA

I know I should not be laughing.  Guurl, that's gotta really break the mood, no?  I have never heard of this happening to anyone before.  Did the doctor think that may have been the cause?  I'm sure he/she could write a special letter to your insurance company if that is the case!  I mean, rashes are one thing.... this is something else entirely!!!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

SweetLu
on 8/3/14 2:52 am - Piqua, Oh

Thanks Jill, can't blame u for laughing, I do too....even tho it's painful! Still working with the docs to figure it out.

Lady_K1126
on 7/1/14 6:44 am

I don't know if that is enough proof, but if it's not, I don't know what is...  The recurring fractures can't be good for you long term.  Good luck with it!

HW:  360   CW: 291.8 GW:  170

SweetLu
on 8/3/14 2:52 am - Piqua, Oh

Thanks Lady K

Don 1962
on 7/1/14 9:41 am

Rib breaking sex?  Never heard that one before as a side effect of WLS!

Laura in Texas
on 7/1/14 9:47 am, edited 7/1/14 9:56 am

How is having excess skin causing your ribs to break during sex? I am confused.

I have never heard of anyone breaking their ribs during sex. I hope you can find a solution.

Have you tried you on top with the soles of your feet touching the bed, not your knees (and if you lean back and rest your hands on his thighs it will take the pressure off your knees)??

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

56sunShine14
on 8/2/14 1:32 am

Having had a knee replacement, she can't put that kind of pressure on it.  Otherwise, good suggestion

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Laura in Texas
on 8/2/14 11:47 am

How is there pressure if your feet are flat on the bed and you are leaning backwards? Have you tried it? Are you not allowed to bend your knees after knee replacement? I guess bending them might be tough, but you suggested doggie style and there is definitely pressure on your knees in that position. Or she can try straightening her legs while on top and he can put his hands on her hips or thighs and move her back and forth. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

SweetLu
on 8/3/14 2:47 am - Piqua, Oh

Thanks Laura, the excess tissue is shoved up under my ribs and forces them against the natural curve, snapping them.

Most Active
Recent Topics