back from vacation

jastypes
on 8/5/14 12:17 am - Croydon, PA

Back from a week-long vacation down the shore that included a lot of eating at restaurants.  Following my basic food plan, listening to my body and using my WLS tool, I came home still abstinent, and with no weight gain (my scale actually shows a loss).   

It occurred to me at some point that I just have a new way of eating these days.  I don’t eat to the point of being uncomfortable anymore.  I have no problem leaving food on my plate, taking home leftovers, or even throwing food out.  I no longer live to eat. 

There was one night I went out on the boardwalk late with the kids.  I dropped them off and had some alone time.  I had a conscious thought that at one time I would have considered this to be a perfect time to sneak out for a drink, or grab a piece of pizza, or have an inappropriate text conversation with someone.  I did absolutely none of those things.  I smiled, felt amazing, went back to the house and cuddled up next to Bill, shooting up a prayer of thanksgiving for this new life of mine.

Thank you for being a part of this wonderful new life. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics