5 Years Out and GAINING weight after going on Seroquel XR...

K. kgbb
on 8/13/14 5:24 am

I realize I'm not sticking to the high protein and haven't for a long time, but I've pretty much been able to eat without worrying about gaining weight, until now.

I gained about 10 lbs in 2 weeks after being put on Seroquel XR and I was craving sugar like crazy.  I finally went off it and the cravings went away and I haven't had candy in 2 weeks, but I STILL keep gaining weight!  I've gone from 135 to 150 as of today.  I'd been struggling to get BELOW 147 and now it's UP to 150.

I can pretty much eat just about anything now and I don't get very nauseous anymore, so I've got to consciously stay away from all pasta and bread and stick to high protein/chicken and veggies.

This absolutely SUCKS!  I really hope I haven't messed up my metabolism and get stuck on gaining again after all this work!

dr_spatula
on 8/15/14 6:32 am
VSG on 07/27/12

That sounds really upsetting, especially after being able to maintain. Did your doctor talk with you about possible side effects? I remember having clients who were on Seroquel and complained about weight gain. Have you been able to follow any sort of strength training or exercise? Good luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics