Need counsel from those who've had brachioplasty....

dr_spatula
on 8/14/14 9:17 am
VSG on 07/27/12

Trying not to vomit here. Had most of my sutures removed yesterday after day 8, and had extensive draining out of both arms. Have a small hole under my right arm, and my left hole seems to be getting bigger. Ugh. It's like nickel-sized right now. Both holes make a gurgling/whooshing sound (OMG) and I'm using maxi pads to cover them up and contain the draining. I put a text in to my surgeon's assistant, the one *****moved the sutures. Has anyone else had this rather disgusting phenomenon? I can actually see the tissues within my left arm hole. Aahhhh!!

Seriously grossed out right now. And I've had exploratory, a panniculectomy, c-section, etc. I know gross. This is too much!! 

jastypes
on 8/15/14 3:43 am - Croydon, PA

Sounds awful!  I have not had a brachioplasty, and now I'm thinkin' I might never!  Hope your surgeon has a fast solution for you. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

dr_spatula
on 8/15/14 4:29 am
VSG on 07/27/12

Thanks. My surgeon looked at it and said it will heal on its own. OMG. He had his assistant cover it with a gauze pad. I see him on Monday anyway, but I'm really worried about infection. That and it looks like the sand pit monster from Star Wars!!

Yeah, I went there.

jastypes
on 8/15/14 4:34 am - Croydon, PA

I just shuddered.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

dr_spatula
on 8/15/14 6:25 am, edited 8/15/14 6:26 am
VSG on 07/27/12

Haha!! At least you don't have to look at it. :)

On the positive side, though, my scars look good, the swelling is way down, and my boobs look amazing! I just have to keep my arms down. Just wish the next few weeks would fast forward...as he said it would take 2 weeks for them to close. Even his assistant was amazed that he was just going to leave it open.

Her eyes were like  

niecey61
on 8/17/14 9:24 pm

The only suggestions I can give you is to really follow his orders and eat a lot of protein because that really helps with wound healing. He may be leaving the hole to heal on it's own so that fluid will be able to drain out?

Good luck!

Laura in Texas
on 8/19/14 11:49 am

They cannot just sew the wound back together. I would think an assistant would know that. They just need to let it heal on it's own.

I had a small hole on my lbl incision line. My doctor said if it got any bigger he could staple on either side to stop it from opening any more. It did close in 2 weeks just as he said it would. For some people, a wound vac is needed to clean out the wound so it can heal.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

SuzeQtx
on 8/18/14 4:53 am

I've had the procedure and it sounds pretty common - you do need the fluid to drain - and the primary thing is to not overdo it and try to life anything until they heal.  Let us know how the checkup goes

Most Active
Recent Topics