12 years post op lap rny pouch pain / nausea

wanda C.
on 8/18/14 6:15 am - clinton township, mi

Its been 12 years since my lap rny lost 130 lbs never lost it all now i have gained back 85  lbs i am anemic, high blood pressure vitamin d deficient, osteo arthritis in my knee oh and only 45 .... Any way i have vomited since day one after surgery.... So now over the past year i have developed severe nausea which prevents me from eating anything still vomiting now stabbing pains at times constantly my stomach feels bloated my stools are loose i just feel terrible and it worse than it   Was a year ago anyone with similiar problems ? I have a appt with new surgeon next week i hope i make it that long.... My surgeon quit doing the surgeries or taking care of us since 2005 it was hard to find a dr close that would see me as well as possibly do a revision 

Tri_harder
on 8/31/14 10:08 pm
thekatinthehat
on 10/23/14 2:17 pm

You should continue to pursue. An ulcer repair isn't a second bariatric surgery. It's a medically necessary corrective surgery. I just had an ulcer surgically removed and feel a million time better. Approved quickly by my insurance company that doesn't approve even 1 surgery. 

Dont live in pain! I did for years-not a fun time. 

Musicmama88
on 12/6/14 5:55 am - Danville, IN

I am 10 years post op RNY and having the same issues. Doc ordered a CT scan ,,,checking for a condition that occurs after about ten years..you might mention it to your doc. Google it yourself and send it to him,,thats what I did as he had never heard of it. Intussusception after Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Surgery

my close friend had surgery to correct this recently,,she is 11 years post op.

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
Recent Topics