Almost Three Years Post-Op and still at my Goal!!!!! with pics.

dailey1456
on 9/18/14 11:11 am

I haven't been on here in a long time but I thought that I would post an update... so my beginning weight was 330lbs I had the VSG on Nov. 15th. 10:18am woke up and recovered so quick my surgeon was surprised... I which positions at my job the week after I returned to work... I went from a sit down 8hrs a day job to a walking non stop for 8hrs. I lost 120lbs in 6months I was averaging about 8miles a shift and eating my three meals a day I remember my portion sizes were about 1.5oz depending on the type of meat I was eating... but anyways the weight came off life moved forward. switched to another department after the weight loss where I know deal blackjack and I think I look good doing it... :) I met my current boyfriend in oct of 2012. We have been together ever sense I knew that I wouldn't have met him if I hadn't lost the weight... I wouldn't be ok with someone that was ok with me being that weight.. I don't care if your the healthiest person in the world 330lbs isn't healthy.... I've had my hurdles to jump (was off work for two months and gained 10lbs) but I lost it when I got back to work it did take about a month and a half almost two months... but now me and my boyfriend have a place of our own, a giant dog, two good jobs, and a lot of hope for the future... don't ever think that you wont be able to have the life you want... just do it! I always say that if your thinking about getting it done just do it... its been the best decision I have ever made...

Before

quick bed selfie.. sept 2014

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/19/14 11:18 pm

Fantastic!... You look wonderful and the smile and your post indicate you feel great! Congratulation!!!

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 9/20/14 11:08 pm

Fabulous. Congrats on getting your life back!!

Loving myself is the biggest gift I received from surgery. I did not love myself when I was 340 and do not think anyone else could have back then, either.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Alinnessa
on 9/24/14 5:43 am - Boston, MA

Laura, first of all congratulations on the weight loss. It's hard and a lot of work. On surgery date I was 335 pounds I did gastric bypass. My ideal goal is 145-150 pounds, but many tell me it's not realistic hope to be around 200 -210 pounds. I am hoping to be under 190 pounds that's be great. But I am hoping to reach that 145-150 pound mark. Is it too unrealistic? I am 5 weeks out from the surgery and have lost 30 pounds and had a stole for two weeks not loosing anything then started again on the fifth week. 

Alinnessa
on 9/24/14 5:43 am - Boston, MA

Laura, first of all congratulations on the weight loss. It's hard and a lot of work. On surgery date I was 335 pounds I did gastric bypass. My ideal goal is 145-150 pounds, but many tell me it's not realistic hope to be around 200 -210 pounds. I am hoping to be under 190 pounds that's be great. But I am hoping to reach that 145-150 pound mark. Is it too unrealistic? I am 5 weeks out from the surgery and have lost 30 pounds and had a stole for two weeks not loosing anything then started again on the fifth week. 

Laura in Texas
on 9/30/14 2:36 am

I don't think yours is an unrealistic goal. My RNY was 6 years ago and I have kept all of my excess weight off. The goal weight of 200 comes from losing 70% of the 190 you hope to lose. Statistically, that is a success. I was determined to lose 100%. If I can do it, anyone can. Make sure your head is in the game for the long haul. You will never be "cured". Believe you are worth the effort and treat yourself kindly every day. I think that is the biggest lesson we all need to learn.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

roseygirl
on 9/29/14 5:25 am

Congrats! You two are a cute couple and you look adorable in your bed selfie!

Most Active
Recent Topics